Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Tires & Frames (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Electric Tongue Jack (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f219/electric-tongue-jack-17535.html)

troyt 10-25-2011 07:24 PM

Electric Tongue Jack

Just checking to see if anyone is having problems with the LGI electric tongue jack. According to my local dealer there is a known problem (stops working) with the white top version. Hum, maybe a recall? Waiting on a replacement.

Old car 10-25-2011 08:20 PM

Ours is a black unit and no problems so far.

troyt 10-25-2011 09:10 PM

I'm told the black units are good and much quieter.

troyt 10-26-2011 05:25 PM

So I go and pickup my replacement jack today. No problem, it's an hour drive one-way. I get there and wait for 30 mins for my point of contact for warranty work, so the person at the counter figures out what I need (so I thought) and has another person help and still haven't seen the warranty manager. They bring out the jack with a black top and I say "I was told it was going to be a white top" anyway they finish the transaction and out the door I go. I get home and installed the jack and 15 minutes later I get a call from the warranty manager. "Sir we gave you the wrong jack. It belongs to another costumer and we need it back" How is this my problem? I will take it back but not happy about it. In an earlier conversation with the warranty manager, we discussed the difference between the white and back tops. Not much just an updated version. I'm still not sure how this is my problem? I said something about the white top at the counter, I assumed they knew what they were doing????

TURBS 10-26-2011 06:05 PM

I would hope they would compensate you for your time and fuel then gladly take it back .

Old car 10-26-2011 07:52 PM

I agree with turbo. They owe you something for your time and trouble especially since you were verifying what they were giving you. Before returning, I would get them to email you some type of agreement on compensation. Fuel, or better yet, the black jack.

Triguy 10-26-2011 07:59 PM

X3

Not your issue. Or have them drive the hour to your place.

By the way, my LGI (black) was just replaced under warranty. I opted for a Barker. Faster and quieter.

NJAg78 11-08-2011 01:20 PM

I was hooking up my Jayco TT to go to Orlando to trade for my Cardinal fifth wheel. My LGI electric jack kept blowing fuses, it appeared to have mositure on the inside of the head. Put the manual jack back on and threw the electric one away, obviously don't need it with the Cardinal.

trudinator 11-08-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troyt (Post 141710)
So I go and pickup my replacement jack today. No problem, it's an hour drive one-way. I get there and wait for 30 mins for my point of contact for warranty work, so the person at the counter figures out what I need (so I thought) and has another person help and still haven't seen the warranty manager. They bring out the jack with a black top and I say "I was told it was going to be a white top" anyway they finish the transaction and out the door I go. I get home and installed the jack and 15 minutes later I get a call from the warranty manager. "Sir we gave you the wrong jack. It belongs to another costumer and we need it back" How is this my problem? I will take it back but not happy about it. In an earlier conversation with the warranty manager, we discussed the difference between the white and back tops. Not much just an updated version. I'm still not sure how this is my problem? I said something about the white top at the counter, I assumed they knew what they were doing????

I would have kindly informed them that I was not able to return it and they would have to arrange to have it picked up. End of story.

BigDTx 11-08-2011 02:09 PM

I would not take it back, that was their mistake not yours!