Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Surveyor (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f35/)
-   -   251RKS bedroom tv mount location (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f35/251rks-bedroom-tv-mount-location-178222.html)

Nalleyb 02-04-2019 08:36 PM

251RKS bedroom tv mount location

2018 251RKS anyone know where the spot in the bedroom wall that holds the tv mount is located? Measurements or some reference point?

DustyRoads 02-05-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalleyb (Post 2018673)
2018 251RKS anyone know where the spot in the bedroom wall that holds the tv mount is located? Measurements or some reference point?

If I can get out to my trailer I will measure for you. Without looking it is in middle of the wall below cable and power connection. About 12" down. But I will get you measurements. I need to refresh the peppermint oil I use for winter storage.

DustyRoads 02-05-2019 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyRoads (Post 2018899)
If I can get out to my trailer I will measure for you. Without looking it is in middle of the wall below cable and power connection. About 12" down. But I will get you measurements. I need to refresh the peppermint oil I use for winter storage.

I went out there is a cross member starting 20" from the ceiling, looks to be 1" thick.. It goes from the outside wall to the pocket door. You can feel it by pressing on the wall panel. I think there is a vent pipe in that wall behind the board, but not 100% sure.
Hopefully if the photo uploads from my phone you can see it along the bottom way up in. I took this by taking out the drawer in the bathroom above toilet. You maybe able to see from storage in bedroom.Attachment 196218

JohnD10 02-05-2019 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You may not be able to rely on measurements from others with the same trailer...

When these things are tossed together they just staple or screw them in place...not always paying attention to the spec sheets!

I found that out the hard way on my last TT.

It had a sticker on the wall supposedly showing me where the mounting plate was...

However, four wasted screw holes in the wall later...that sticker was more than a foot off!

See photo below...

DustyRoads 02-05-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnD10 (Post 2019010)
You may not be able to rely on measurements from others with the same trailer...

When these things are tossed together they just staple or screw them in place...not always paying attention to the spec sheets!

I found that out the hard way on my last TT.

It had a sticker on the wall supposedly showing me where the mounting plate was...

However, four wasted screw holes in the wall later...that sticker was more than a foot off!

See photo below...

Hence the reason I suggested they feel it by pushing in on the wall. I never trust their labels like you said. My 251rks is a 2017 model. I was surprised I could get that picture. If I mount a TV I will push my camera scope up the wall to confirm if there is a vent pipe or not. Wouldn't want to use too long of a screw either.

Nalleyb 02-05-2019 01:19 PM

Thanks for the information

Nalleyb 02-05-2019 01:27 PM

Thanks for the information