Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Prime Time (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f210/)
-   -   Timbrens (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f210/timbrens-18243.html)

Vols 11-23-2011 06:37 PM

Timbrens
 
1 Attachment(s)
Wow! First trip with the timbrens installed and WOW what a big difference! Took the bounce/ porpoiseing totally away. Made trip super enjoyable.

Rugged Brown 11-23-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vols
Wow! First trip with the timbrens installed and WOW what a big difference! Took the bounce/ porpoiseing totally away. Made trip super enjoyable.

I'm with ya bro.

Biscuit 11-23-2011 08:28 PM

Sounds like something I would be interested in. Did you just do the rear axle on your truck? How pricey of a system is it? Did you install it yourself?

Rugged Brown 11-23-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuit
Sounds like something I would be interested in. Did you just do the rear axle on your truck? How pricey of a system is it? Did you install it yourself?

Installed myself, piece of cake. Rear axle only. Total cost $200.

Vols 11-23-2011 10:38 PM

Same here (rear only) installed in bout 2-3 min per side. Used dish soAp to lube it up and slid rt on. I still have P rated tires and I can't imagine how much better it can get then this!!

Vols 11-23-2011 10:39 PM

$200.00 (194 before taxes)

Fire Instructor 11-24-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugged Brown (Post 147550)
Installed myself, piece of cake. Rear axle only. Total cost $200.

If your truck is more than a year or two old, and you decide to do it, get yourself can of good penetrating oil, then spray the bolts holding the existing spring stops with the penetrating oil every day for a week or so before you do the work.

Removing three of the four bolts and installing the Timbrens on my truck took about 30 minutes... Drilling out and te-tapping the fourth bolt hole - for the bolt that sheered flush with the frame - took about four hours!!!!

Still worth doing, though! I had a MUCH better ride this year while towing, and it was nice when towing at night, to have the headlights actually hitting the road in front of me!

Rugged Brown 11-24-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Instructor (Post 147602)
If your truck is more than a year or two old, and you decide to do it, get yourself can of good penetrating oil, then spray the bolts holding the existing spring stops with the penetrating oil every day for a week or so before you do the work.

Removing three of the four bolts and installing the Timbrens on my truck took about 30 minutes... Drilling out and te-tapping the fourth bolt hole - for the bolt that sheered flush with the frame - took about four hours!!!!

Still worth doing, though! I had a MUCH better ride this year while towing, and it was nice when towing at night, to have the headlights actually hitting the road in front of me!



No bolts involved in the 2009-12 model 1500. Just pull out the old rubber stops and push in the Timbrens.. The only grease required would be some dish liquid and elbow grease.

Davanator 11-24-2011 11:16 AM

Cluelwss
 
Forgive me for sounding clueless but what are Timbrens and what purpose do they serve and where do you get them? :confused:

Vols 11-24-2011 11:21 AM

Timbren Suspension Kits (SES Kits) are designed to enhance the suspension of your vehicle.

Easiest to Use: Rubber cushions absorb road shocks and automatically adjust to uneven loads or road conditions.
Google them " Timbrens" I was skepiticle but now after traveling with them ,On I'm a believer!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.