Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Flagstaff (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   upgrading tv size (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f33/upgrading-tv-size-182455.html)

AWLINK 04-10-2019 05:52 PM

upgrading tv size

Checking to see if anyone has put a larger tv in there flagstaff. Ours has a 32" in the cabinet that swings out to allow access to the storage behind.I would like to put a 43" in,but not sure what bracket to use.

Witch Doctor 04-10-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWLINK (Post 2068380)
Checking to see if anyone has put a larger tv in there flagstaff. Ours has a 32" in the cabinet that swings out to allow access to the storage behind.I would like to put a 43" in,but not sure what bracket to use.

Why won't that bracket work? If the hole pattern is correct, the weight is really not a issue. If it was recessed, you might have to add a wood spacer behind the bracket to make it clear the recess, I couldn't tell you that but the bracket should work. Your going from 32 to 43.

Kimber45 04-10-2019 06:15 PM

x2. bracket should not be an issue. having enough room for the tv would be my only concern.

AWLINK 04-10-2019 06:26 PM

The tv would be on the face of the cabinet instead of inside the opening like the 32 is. It would need to come out and swing around the outside of the cabinet instead of swinging to the inside like the 32 does.

Paulie1138 04-10-2019 06:38 PM

My rig had a 32” tv. Took forever to rescan channels and was just a crappy set all around. Bought a 43” 4K name-brand TV on sale for under 200 at Best Buy. Instead of inside the opening, it is outside. Looks surface mounted now. Was able to use the same bracket, but had to relocate it a bit so the TV was up higher. This one has all the bells and whistles, weighs just a bit less than the set I took out! Better picture, lightning fast for rescanning!

Only downside, draws just a few watts more than the old set. 300MA more. I say this, in case you boondock and run an inverter. It does draw a bit more power, but not really enough to worry about.

bikendan 04-10-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

It would be helpful if you posted year and model number, since you didn't list it in your profile. That way those that own the same model, can more helpful.
Some Flagstaff models may not have room for a bigger tv.
Just saying Flagstaff, isn't enough information.

AWLINK 04-10-2019 08:05 PM

Upgrading tv

I have a 2019 Flagstaff 26rbws

rmk184 07-22-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulie1138 (Post 2068408)
My rig had a 32 tv. Took forever to rescan channels and was just a crappy set all around. Bought a 43 4K name-brand TV on sale for under 200 at Best Buy. Instead of inside the opening, it is outside. Looks surface mounted now. Was able to use the same bracket, but had to relocate it a bit so the TV was up higher. This one has all the bells and whistles, weighs just a bit less than the set I took out! Better picture, lightning fast for rescanning!

Only downside, draws just a few watts more than the old set. 300MA more. I say this, in case you boondock and run an inverter. It does draw a bit more power, but not really enough to worry about.

Do you have any pictures? I'm looking at upgrading to a 40".

rmk184 07-25-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Any luck mounting a larger tv?

Paulie1138 07-25-2019 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully it will load this time.