Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Cardinal (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Draining the fresh tank (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f22/draining-the-fresh-tank-18587.html)

Ktmoutfront 12-14-2011 10:57 PM

Draining the fresh tank

N a 2008 Cardinal 36. It is a four seasons model so the bottom is skinned. I opened everything hanging under the trailer, it does not drain. Any ideas?

Where is the tank located?

mbo 12-21-2011 06:57 PM

On my Cardinal 2007 37RK2- there are several low point drain looking valves on the rear of camper "bottom" Make sure you have water in your fresh tank! On mine the first time I tried to drain my fresh tank I had no water in tank. There is another drain near that area. I just kept opening drain valves until I had fresh water draining. Too bad you have not have more replies.

Ktmoutfront 12-21-2011 09:15 PM

Been there. This is my 12th RV. I have opened the 3 outlets. Even put 5 psi of air to the fresh tank with the vent plugged. No water or air anywhere. The panels are coming off the bottom new years weekend.

LadyWindrider 12-22-2011 12:44 AM

First off, do you have water in the fresh tank? How do you know? Since you have all the drains open, have you added water to the fresh tank and watched if it drained. We sell Cardinal 5th wheel mainly, and the fresh tank is below the fresh tank fill.

The bottom must come off in order, as it is like a tin roof. Good luck.

If you are reading the monitor panel, it may not be accurate.

Ktmoutfront 12-22-2011 09:07 AM

Since I bought the trailer used, I wanted to flush the tank out. Filled it. Took about 45 minutes. Panel showed empty when I stated, showed full when finished. Opened the drain line under the fill hose. Nothing came out. Opened the others, same thing. It still shows full.

SALTY 12-22-2011 12:45 PM

are all the lowpoint drains exposed underneath the trailer?

Rebel702 12-22-2011 03:39 PM

Could it be the tank drain valve is clogged?

Ktmoutfront 12-22-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SALTY (Post 151246)
are all the lowpoint drains exposed underneath the trailer?

That's why I am going to remove the metal sheeting under it. To see if everything is where it should be.

Ktmoutfront 12-22-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel702 (Post 151262)
Could it be the tank drain valve is clogged?

All of the drains I have run water. They are shore lines because when I hook my air tank to the hose fitting, they all blow air when the lines are clear.

LadyWindrider 12-22-2011 10:43 PM

Blowing air through the city water connection does nothing to the fresh tank. You are not looking at at a drain somewhere, or it is clogged. On a Cardinal, usually three with white handles The fresh water drain won't be far from the fill. When you opened the drains, did anything come out? Did you leave it open a few hours /

. Good Luck.

Ktmoutfront 12-22-2011 10:47 PM

That was my point also. All of the drains that are exposed are shore water, not the tank.

I will post up what I find when the sheeting is removed.

Big bird 12-28-2011 02:36 PM

Here is how I do it. Open the bottom drain valve, open hot water release value or better remove the hot water isotope (if it needs replacement, replace) and open a sink faucet. Takes about 30 minutes.