Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Palomino (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   Another new Columbus Owner in Texas (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/another-new-columbus-owner-in-texas-19630.html)

redfinaddict 02-10-2012 12:42 PM

Another new Columbus Owner in Texas

Pulled the trigger on a 320 rs at the Houston RV show yesterday. We found the Columbus at the San Antonio show a few weeks back and made the trip to Houston to see it again, the rest is history.:trink39:
This is our first RV, so we may wear out our welcome on the forums. Thanks to those involved for providing this great resource, I have learned a lot from reading the past threads and faq.

Ok, so first question, we were told that the dealer would have to order our rig. I think they had allready sold current allotment. There are some options that we would like to add such as 2nd air unit, slide toppers and I would like to here others opinions on auto leveling systems? I would assume that since they will be ordering that we could get factory pricing on options vs dealer adds later not sure?

JJ & RJ

EdJunior 02-10-2012 04:52 PM

Cool. Congratulations. We're heading there tomorrow. Don't need an RV, but they're fun anyway.

Your dealer should be able to add on anything you want since it has to be ordered anyway. And you should get the show discounts as well.

tentcamper1 02-10-2012 05:07 PM

:welcomesign: to the forum and congrats!!

Earth Station 02-10-2012 07:01 PM

Congrats on your new Columbus!!! We ordered ours in January............ we went with a 4 point leveling system, second a/c an a boat hitch! We traded in a Keystone TT. Cannot wait for the season to start. Reservations already made for April, May and June!!

amxpress 02-10-2012 07:29 PM

We had the dealer order ours, too. We optioned it out just like we wanted it, and what we could afford!
We've got reservations in late March. Hope we have it by then!
Best of luck with yours!!

trudy66 02-10-2012 07:52 PM

Congratulations, we ordered ours this week.
Called the manufacture rep from show and had him send us build sheet
and ordered what we wanted and was available. Upgraded to a trail air
pin box, 2nd ac, fireplace, slide toppers, tile floor, king bed.
Wanted the auto levelers but just couldn't swing it right now. Probably
will regret this down the road, but oh well.
Can't wait till it's in, probably mid march.

Earth Station 02-10-2012 07:59 PM

I have ordered a few things to decorate with............... the last (bathroom prints) to be done the 25th of Feb. Can't wait to personalize it!!!

wanderer69 02-10-2012 09:11 PM

Manufacture Rep

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudy66 (Post 160309)
Congratulations, we ordered ours this week.
Called the manufacture rep from show and had him send us build sheet
and ordered what we wanted and was available. Upgraded to a trail air
pin box, 2nd ac, fireplace, slide toppers, tile floor, king bed.
Wanted the auto levelers but just couldn't swing it right now. Probably
will regret this down the road, but oh well.
Can't wait till it's in, probably mid march.

Do you still have the name and number of the factory rep. I was at the Ft Worth Show in January and got his card (if its the same guy) but have misplased it.

redfinaddict 02-11-2012 09:02 AM

Congrats to all the new Columbus owners, I think this is going to be a popular line. Earth Station tell me more about your boat hitch. How large a boat are we talking and do you have experience towing with this setup?

Earth Station 02-11-2012 12:57 PM

The factory is going to install it. We d not have a boat to haul behind but possibly a smaller enclosed trailer with toys (scooters/kayaks) in it. We only have experience hauling a TT. So this will be a huge learning curve. Understanding that our toys will either have to stay at home or we will take two trucks for right now. We decided to have the factory put the hitch on it so that if we decided to put one one at a later date it wouldn't void the warranty at all!! Just trying to think ahead. Ready to stomp my foot for my Columbus to be here!!!!