Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   How do you wrangle your water hose? (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/how-do-you-wrangle-your-water-hose-21661.html)

iluvlcy 04-10-2012 01:17 PM

How do you wrangle your water hose?

Just got back from trip and was our first time to pack up in the rain. Also the first time we had to deal with 50ft of water hose. Question is how does everyone roll, stow and generally wrangle their water hose. :confused:

comfun1 04-10-2012 01:35 PM

A few years back I found one that was only 10 or 15 feet long. It worked for most sites and I carried a 25 footer also, which gave me 40 feet if necessary. I drain the water from them roll them up, screw the ends together and put them in the compartment.

extremebike 04-10-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvlcy (Post 179825)
Just got back from trip and was our first time to pack up in the rain. Also the first time we had to deal with 50ft of water hose. Question is how does everyone roll, stow and generally wrangle their water hose. :confused:

Hi!

I use a cloth in one hand and slide the cloth along to wipe down the hose while I roll it up on the other arm. gets a bit tricky but it helps to have both ends disconnected.

Sometimes it does the boa constrictor thing and need to call the DW. :)

lindy 04-10-2012 02:37 PM

I carry 2 25'ers, coil them up like you would an electrical extension cord, draining as you go, then hook then ends together to prevent and remaining water from leaking out into trl.

OldCoot 04-10-2012 03:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are two ways I have handled the hoses. The tub is what we used for yrs until we got the new 5ver and use a regular holder like on a house. This one has a compartment to stow fittings, nozzles, 'Y's etc.

Herk7769 04-10-2012 03:23 PM

I use these for all hose and cord management in the camper.
While not this brand; Lowes carries the type.

WireCare.com :: Your Cable Management SuperStore!

Terier 04-10-2012 03:43 PM

I brought the 25' Never-Kink hose and it goes easily into a small plastic container with a lid. I also connect the ends together.

Originally I did liked the hose from Walmart but it was a battle getting it rolled up small enough to fit back into the tub. It could take 20-30 minutes of fighting it before fitting.

I tried a coil type hose but it was spring loaded and dangerous. So far the Never-Kink hose is holding up to its name. Between the two hoses I have 50' if needed.

Great Horned Owl 04-10-2012 08:21 PM

You absolutely can not beat a hose reel with a flat hose. See American SpecialtyŽ Handi-Hose & Reel (RT-50) - Garden Hoses - Ace Hardware
The whole 50 foot hose winds up to about 14" dia. by 2" thick. Mine (a Toro) is almost 20 years old and still not leaking. The only caveat is that you must lay them on the ground with no sharp bends or they will kink and shut off the flow.

There are several brands available, but be careful. Not all of them are rated safe for drinking water. This one is.

fivecodys 04-11-2012 04:44 PM

I use two round laundry baskets.
One for water hoses and one for electrical cords.
As was mentioned above, when it's real cold and the hoses get stiff, I get SWMBO to help me.

Bill

Herk7769 04-11-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivecodys (Post 180329)
I use two round laundry baskets.
One for water hoses and one for electrical cords.
As was mentioned above, when it's real cold and the hoses get stiff, I get SWMBO to help me.

Bill

:roflblack:

If I can find her!
She is "walking the dog" while I am rolling up hoses! :D