Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Palomino (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   I would like to see the tt and 5th wheel forums split how about you ? (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/i-would-like-to-see-the-tt-and-5th-wheel-forums-split-how-about-you-23007.html)

TURBS 05-09-2012 11:28 PM

I would like to see the tt and 5th wheel forums split how about you ?

I think it would be beneficial to separate the tt and 5th wheel forum into two separate forums
what do you think ?

LadyWindrider 05-09-2012 11:48 PM

For what it it is worth, my vote is "NO". The only difference is in the hitch. We keep the brand specific, and if it is a hitch problem, there is forum for that already. If they have the same name, 5th wheel or bumper pull, they may come off the same line, or not, but regardless, will be handled by the same warranty department, and have the same appliances. I understand your question, but most of the problems and questions on here are not bumper pull or 5th wheel specific. Most are electronic, or appliance problems, so I vote "NO".

grhodes50 05-10-2012 12:06 AM

I agree with windrider.

youroo 05-10-2012 04:58 AM

Only when they call them (Coaches) then they are out of my league! Youroo!!:D

HIDE OUT 05-10-2012 06:37 AM

I vote no. Because I currently own a TT and I am seriously considering a FW in the future. I have found out a lot of info on FW that had it not been for this forum would not of know.Like making sure your rigg is locked before you pull away.tricks on stabilizing just to name a few.Also it seems the majority of FW owners Have been Through the whole tent ,popup,TT thing.As most of us do.So they have a wealth experience and knowledge they can bring to us[ the future Fw owners] SO keep on keeping on FW owners:thumbsup:

TURBS 05-10-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrider (Post 193766)
For what it it is worth, my vote is "NO". The only difference is in the hitch. We keep the brand specific, and if it is a hitch problem, there is forum for that already. If they have the same name, 5th wheel or bumper pull, they may come off the same line, or not, but regardless, will be handled by the same warranty department, and have the same appliances. I understand your question, but most of the problems and questions on here are not bumper pull or 5th wheel specific. Most are electronic, or appliance problems, so I vote "NO".

Why not put tt's in the toy hauler section? Only difference is the rear door?

TURBS 05-10-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdefeo1 (Post 193791)
I vote no. Because I currently own a TT and I am seriously considering a FW in the future. I have found out a lot of info on FW that had it not been for this forum would not of know.Like making sure your rigg is locked before you pull away.tricks on stabilizing just to name a few.Also it seems the majority of FW owners Have been Through the whole tent ,popup,TT thing.As most of us do.So they have a wealth experience and knowledge they can bring to us[ the future Fw owners] SO keep on keeping on FW owners:thumbsup:

what does your comment or vote no have to do with splitting
The tt and 5ers into two forums?

TURBS 05-10-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windrider (Post 193766)

Why does it matter about which warranty dept?
why does it matter which line they come off on?

Fifth wheels generally tow different.
There's PLENTY OF hitch specific questions.

Ty for your comments

jmswms 05-10-2012 09:04 AM

To much cross information would be lost. I'm also guessing that a lot of us 5th owners owned a tt at one time and can be of help.

Mountainmanbob 05-10-2012 10:18 AM

I vote no

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmswms (Post 193848)
To much cross information would be lost. I'm also guessing that a lot of us 5th owners owned a tt at one time and can be of help.

thank you
your thoughts were the same as mine
I vote no
more information shared if we are all together
Mountainman