Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Tips and Tricks (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   Love Bug Eraser (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f88/love-bug-eraser-26308.html)

OldCoot 07-15-2012 07:36 PM

Love Bug Eraser

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone tried one of these for getting bug, etc off their vehicles? The Love Bug Eraser - Best Way to Clean Love Bugs off Cars

Rotech 07-16-2012 11:49 PM

I've used one a couple times--on the RV and the car. It does still require some effort but I think it made the job easier. I was able to be gentle with decals and car finish and still get the bugs off.

CalgaryCamper 07-23-2012 12:46 AM

I have heard of ppl wetting down the front of the vehicle/trailer and using wet dryer sheets to get rid of bugs. I haven't tried it yet but I heard that it is fantastic.

Len & Cheri 07-23-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryCamper (Post 226350)
I have heard of ppl wetting down the front of the vehicle/trailer and using wet dryer sheets to get rid of bugs. I haven't tried it yet but I heard that it is fantastic.

I've used them and they work well. Still takes a bit of elbow grease.

DAISY BOYKIN 07-23-2012 07:23 AM

Warm Soapy water--------------

Warm soapy water, apply let set for 2-3 min's, reapply and let set for 2-3 min's, use sink plastic "TUFFY" to lightly remove the love bugs with more warm soapy water. Will not scratch the surface, use to use the same procedure on a "GOLD WING" windshield with out scratching.

eisbell 07-23-2012 09:46 AM

We had them so bad going to Chattanooga someone told us to take ice out of the cooler and rub on windshild and front of car and it worked!!!!!

trell 08-23-2012 02:34 AM

pour a can of coke on it then rinse with water worked good for me.

Herk7769 08-23-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trell (Post 241485)
pour a can of coke on it then rinse with water worked good for me.

Just do NOT get it on your paint.
Coke contains acid that will destroy your pain job.
Acids in Popular Sodas Erode Tooth Enamel | LiveScience

Herk7769 08-23-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryCamper (Post 226350)

This works for me. I keep several boxes of "Bounce" in the camper for "bug control" (alive and smooshed on the front of the camper)

Rugged Brown 08-23-2012 08:35 AM

Prevention is better than the cure. It sure makes it easier when you have a good coat of wax on the front of your vehicle. I wash my vehicles with a good quality car wash/wax and brush and then if there are stubborn stains, they easily come off when I dry with a microfibre cloth. Unwaxed surfaces, a different story. I did use the dryer sheet technique once or twice and that worked too but with more elbow grease.