Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Rockwood (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Wobbly table (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f34/wobbly-table-27612.html)

timarti 08-10-2012 10:38 PM

Wobbly table
 
The dinette table on our Ultra-lite 2304s is really wobbly! It has the legs that look like an upsidedown T with a crossbar between. The table collapses sideways via 2 joints to become the dinette bed support. Haven't seen a table like this before. It does not move at the bottom on the floor, just at the 2 joints. Dealer says that's just how it is :rolleyes::confused::( Anyone got a fix?

OldCoot 08-10-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timarti (Post 235471)
The dinette table on our Ultra-lite 2304s is really wobbly! It has the legs that look like an upsidedown T with a crossbar between. The table collapses sideways via 2 joints to become the dinette bed support. Haven't seen a table like this before. It does not move at the bottom on the floor, just at the 2 joints. Dealer says that's just how it is :rolleyes::confused::( Anyone got a fix?

How about some pictures?

jomarie 08-11-2012 06:21 AM

I have the same problem... noticed it over this last trip. I'm going to look at it today and see whats going on :confused:

BradinOhio 08-11-2012 10:20 AM

Ours is the same way. Would love to know with a way to firm it up.

jomarie 08-11-2012 01:17 PM

I took a look at our table today. We have a 2012 Rockwood 2306. It's probably the same table that you have. The table folds out into the hallway. I tried to adjust the bottom support arms by turning the pads. It helped a little but in no way took away the sway. I was thinking of placing Velcro on the end of the table and wall but think we will just live with it until someone comes up with a better idea.

BigTJohn 08-11-2012 01:28 PM

X3 waht Dunnc says - pix are NEEDED to allow others to "see" what you have. Not all tables and supports are the same.

OldCoot 08-11-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTJohn (Post 235624)
X3 waht Dunnc says - pix are NEEDED to allow others to "see" what you have. Not all tables and supports are the same.

Without pictures the recommended fix is weld the joints together & bolt/screw the legs to the floor and bolt/screw a pc of angle iron to the table top and to the wall.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

timarti 08-11-2012 09:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are pix! I am thinking of taking the legs off the table top and making similar in wood with the top removable for those rare, rare times we might actually want to make the dinette into a bed. LOVE the queen murphy bed in the trailer! The table folds by pushing the yellow button and then the whole thing collapses sideways hinging in 2 placed on the legs. Took me a while to figure out, :D.

OldCoot 08-11-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timarti (Post 235781)
Here are pix! I am thinking of taking the legs off the table top and making similar in wood with the top removable for those rare, rare times we might actually want to make the dinette into a bed. LOVE the queen murphy bed in the trailer! The table folds by pushing the yellow button and then the whole thing collapses sideways hinging in 2 placed on the legs. Took me a while to figure out, :D.

Does the leg mechanism change location on the floor when collapsed?

timarti 08-11-2012 10:46 PM

The legs are not fastened to the floor, the whole table can be moved. In fact, I think the legs are actually not touching the floor when it is collapsed and resting on top of the wood support strips around the edges of the dinette. I think on the regular bench dinettes, the table legs are the tubular metal ones that just fold down flat. I thought the heavier table support would be better, but not so good when the drinks spill! :crying: Anyway, did not have a choice. Table was standard.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.