Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Georgetown (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Need help with leveling system (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f16/need-help-with-leveling-system-27747.html)

rdfinger 08-13-2012 01:21 PM

Need help with leveling system

I cannot get my leveling system on my Georgetown 2009 motorhome to work? Just purchased it. Is it a "trick" to get it to work?

armye7 08-13-2012 06:26 PM

Make sure the E brake is on.

fbconsults 08-13-2012 08:55 PM

Make sure the engine is running.

VinceU 08-13-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdfinger (Post 236593)
I cannot get my leveling system on my Georgetown 2009 motorhome to work? Just purchased it. Is it a "trick" to get it to work?

Engine must be running to prevent running down batteries very quickly.
Turn system on and allow to stabilize.
Set parking brake.
push auto.

miked11272 08-13-2012 08:59 PM

If you have the e break on and engine running and it still will not work, there is a circuit breaker under the stairs that controls the hydraulic pump,it is mounted along the chassis.

cfsoistman 08-14-2012 06:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is the Leveler Control Panel lighting up? If not then either the breaker under the steps has tripped or the fuse behind the controller has blown. Here's a pdf with a troubleshooting guide on the levelers. Let us know what you find the problem is for the next member with leveler issues. Good luck.

Attachment 18023

Iggy 08-20-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdfinger (Post 236593)

Well did you figure it out and get it to work?

gartonhl 08-21-2012 10:49 AM

I'm sure everyone will notice, but there is an error on page 2 of the LIP sheet - 021 (PDF referred to above).

However, if not, make note:
a) there is no BACK button. REAR should replace BACK in the LCI verbiage.
b) the star is shown on the on/off button; should show on the REAR button.

Is the hydraulic fluid reservoir filled to specs with ATF fluid?

cfsoistman 08-21-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gartonhl (Post 240530)
I'm sure everyone will notice, but there is an error on page 2 of the LIP sheet - 021 (PDF referred to above).

However, if not, make note:
a) there is no BACK button. REAR should replace BACK in the LCI verbiage.
b) the star is shown on the on/off button; should show on the REAR button.

Is the hydraulic fluid reservoir filled to specs with ATF fluid?

Good catch! I've looked it over before but never paid much attention to the location of the star. Looks like LCI could use a proofreader for their instructions.

pmsherman 08-29-2012 12:16 PM

I had a long, in person, discussion with a Lippert rep a couple of weeks ago and spent quite a bit of time emphasizing the need for them to update their documentation. They agreed that it was one of the things they needed to do and I'm hoping that we'll see updated manuals from them in the near future.

My 2011 327DS turned turtle and picked itself up off of the ground on the jacks while we were returning home from our first trip. The pump motor burned out and it took me over 8 hours to figure out how to get the jacks back up without damaging the hydraulic lines. It would have taken only ten minutes to get them up if Lippert had documented the location/function of the up/down solenoid on the hydraulic control unit. A shorted diode in the wiring harness had locked the unit in the "push the jacks down" mode which made it impossible to get the jacks back up. Pulling the power wire off of the solenoid was all that was necessary to allow the jacks to be raised using the documented manual procedures.

Phil