Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Prime Time (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f210/)
-   -   Has anyone used the new Ford F-150 Eco-bust to pull their Primetime? (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f210/has-anyone-used-the-new-ford-f-150-eco-bust-to-pull-their-primetime-28143.html)

gimp425 08-21-2012 12:38 PM

Has anyone used the new Ford F-150 Eco-bust to pull their Primetime?

I was looking to trade in my 08 2500HD 6.0 for a Ford F-250 diesel to pull my 2900BHS when I saw the the V-6 Eco-bust. Has anyone bought one and do they like it. Inquiring minds would like to know?:thumbsup:

TURBS 08-21-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimp425
I was looking to trade in my 08 2500HD 6.0 for a Ford F-250 diesel to pull my 2900NHS when I saw the the V-6 Eco-bust. Has anyone bought one and do they like it. Inquiring minds would like to know?:thumbsup:

No duramax ?

bakken 08-21-2012 12:41 PM

What is a 2900NHS?

bakken 08-21-2012 12:47 PM

Oh, a 2900BHS
At under 7500 lbs GVWR, an EcoBEAST with full tow options will pull the heck out of that camper. No reason to go diesel whatsoever.

LadyWindrider 08-21-2012 01:14 PM

Do a search for EcoBOOST, and yee shall find. Numerous post on here about the new Ford engine, and all I have read say it pulls really well.

PawPawJim 08-21-2012 01:20 PM

Everything I've heard and read has been positive. In fact, I just got off the phone with my salesman about trading our new 3.7l for the eco boost as well.

Gotta go find a sedative before he calls me back...http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/lol8.gif

Cajun Po-Boy 08-21-2012 01:31 PM

Buddy of mine traded in his six month old ecoboost for an f250 diesel, asked why...he replied the gas mileage was not as advertised...gets much better mpg with diesel.

He liked the power in the ecoboost but also decided he needed a truck to do a wide range of towing under different terrains...horse trailer, boats, rv, etc, no worries with 6.7 diesel now and in the future.

(BTW I own a Duramax)

bakken 08-21-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun (Post 240631)
Buddy of mine traded in his six month old ecoboost for an f250 diesel, asked why...he replied the gas mileage was not as advertised...gets much better mpg with diesel.

He liked the power in the ecoboost but also decided he needed a truck to do a wide range of towing under different terrains...horse trailer, boats, rv, etc, no worries with 6.7 diesel now and in the future.

(BTW I own a Duramax)

Everyone's situation is different, but most RVers only pull occasionally, and use their TV mostly as an everyday driver. That is where the EcoBEAST is the perfect fit. No diesel will come anywhere close to the EcoBEAST in mpg when empty.

ironj 08-22-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakken (Post 240638)
Everyone's situation is different, but most RVers only pull occasionally, and use their TV mostly as an everyday driver. That is where the EcoBEAST is the perfect fit. No diesel will come anywhere close to the EcoBEAST in mpg when empty.

recently on a trip of about 600 miles around, my employee had an average mpg of 23 hand calculated in his 2011 cc, fx4 ecobeast, and i had an average mpg of 20.8 hand calculated...both empty, same road, same trip, same day....so empty mpg was fairly close...obviously with the higher price of diesel and his slightly better milage, his trip was a lot cheaper fuel wise.....

in city driving he has been getting 16mpg and i have been averaging 14.5 with my small apartment of a truck...LOL

we have also hooked up my 8500lb lacrosse 318 to his truck just to get a comparison...the ecoboost has a torque curve VERY similar to a diesel and really pulled well! ....of course my 250 felt way more planted, and stable than his. Although i would not want to tow my trailer with his truck, as i am somewhat spoiled by the 250 and its abilities, i have no doubt whatsoever that his would do the job if necessary! With his smaller trailer at around 5k it tows every bit as good as my 250...(but 5k on my 250 is hardly even noticable)

honestly, i probably did not NEED to buy a diesel, as any way you slice it, they are a lot more expensive to purchase, operate, and maintain vs an ecoboost (about 15k sticker in my case). Not to mention everything else i tow is under 5000k which the ecoboost would have scoffed at...On top of that, my commute 75% of the week is about 20 miles round trip, and towing accounts for about 20% of my mileage yearly.

A lot of my buddies give me grief for my "cadillac", daily driven, sometimes tow truck, and question my thought process on purchasing so much truck....my answer...my money, my toys...and that 20% i do get to let her do her thing and TOW, it makes me :D every dang time!! I have other trucks/cars i COULD drive to work....but i LOVE my truck...

sorry for the long rant....second cup of coffee kicked in!:roflblack:

Cajun Po-Boy 08-22-2012 11:27 AM

I agree that the EcoBoost would be a great TV that is mostly a daily driver and towing a 9K# and under RV for weekend warrior trips that fits most of the RV crowd when considering the data shows that TT make up about 70% of RV ownership.

At the end of the day, buy what you can afford and most importantly what you want! Happy Camping :)