Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   At the Cookout (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Portable Weber q120 or q220 bbq (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f10/portable-weber-q120-or-q220-bbq-29258.html)

Willybgh 09-14-2012 11:02 AM

Portable Weber q120 or q220 bbq
 
I am trying to decide which portable BBQ to buy. I am tossed up between the q120 and the q220. About 70 percent of the time it is just my wife and I that go camping with the trailer. The other 30 percent we have 2 other people with us. Can anyone who has the above mentioned BBQ let me know your thoughts? As aside note I can buy the q120 for $190 plus tax or the q220 for $250 plus tax.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

AquaMan 09-14-2012 11:20 AM

I have the Weber 200 series and love it! Have had it for over 5yrs now and it still works as good as new. I would definitely go with the bigger size. It doesn't take up that much more space, and the extra grilling area is worth it if you have company. I have the Camco grill that came with our camper, but go to the Weber first and use the other as overflow.

Cajun Po-Boy 09-14-2012 11:26 AM

I have the 220, great grill and like the built in temp gauge and heavy duty large cooking grate.
I also use the weber stand for these grills and enjoy it's easy setup, grill retains great heat due to thicker shell than other grills on the market.




VTX Al 09-14-2012 11:41 AM

You can't go wrong with either one ! IMHO the Webers are quite simply the best portable grills out there. We have a 100 series and it is fine for our normal use, but if we had to do it over , we would likely opt for the 200 series. The only improvement we would recommend to the Weber folks (if we had the opportunity !) would be to re-design the burner system to incorporate the ability to turn one side completely off, to enable indirect heat cooking.

...VTX-Al

Willybgh 09-14-2012 02:14 PM

Thank you for the replays. From what you have told me it looks like I should go with the Q220. As a little background, I have one of the red Coleman BBQ and it as hotspots and is not that easy to clean and this is why I am looking at the weber as I understand they are a good BBQ.

Chris

TeresaInCAL 09-14-2012 03:01 PM

Chris you have this one : Amazon.com: Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE: Sports & Outdoors
And don't like it?
I bought this one and think it's pretty good. Sure was a lot better then my first one :Amazon.com: Weber 1520 Propane Gas Go-Anywhere Grill: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Iggy 09-14-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willybgh (Post 251886)
I am trying to decide which portable BBQ to buy. I am tossed up between the q120 and the q220. About 70 percent of the time it is just my wife and I that go camping with the trailer. The other 30 percent we have 2 other people with us. Can anyone who has the above mentioned BBQ let me know your thoughts? As aside note I can buy the q120 for $190 plus tax or the q220 for $250 plus tax.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

I have the Q220 and picked it up for $209 free shipping and no tax from Amazon.com. The Q220 has the temp guage and the Q200 doesn't.

Just checked and the Q220 on Amazon is now $229.

davidjb 09-14-2012 03:33 PM

We've had the 220 for a couple of years and use it at home and on the road, its a great grill. Only con is its a bit heavy but its got to be the best portable grill going with the ability to use the small propane bottles or the hose for larger tanks.

Iggy 09-14-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidjb (Post 251992)
We've had the 220 for a couple of years and use it at home and on the road, its a great grill. Only con is its a bit heavy but its got to be the best portable grill going with the ability to use the small propane bottles or the hose for larger tanks.


Your statement "Only con is its a bit heavy"
A bit heavy? Come on. If it was light and cheaply made people would be complaining. For the money it is a great portable grill and solidly made.
They also have a great rolling cart if you need for $49.

funkyJunk 09-14-2012 03:58 PM

Q 200 is fantastic! I had the roadtrip and the Weber is far superior. I took off the regulator and added the quick connect so I can run off the coach LP. I got the Weber griddle for it and it's a little too small. It's good for cooking up veggies with your steak because you have have the grill surface available for grilling. But again it's too small. I went ahead and ordered a Lodge griddle last week and it seems to work great.

Only con on the Weber is only one temperature zone. I can definitely live with that. Should last for years.

Here is the griddle I ordered if anyone is interested. Has a grease trap and fits with the lid down on 200 series:

Amazon.com: Lodge Logic LPGI3 Pro 20-by-10-7/16-Inch Cast-Iron Grill/Griddle: Kitchen & Dining


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.