Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Palomino (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   Ordered our new 320RS! (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/ordered-our-new-320rs-30895.html)

Kerryj 10-22-2012 03:37 PM

Ordered our new 320RS!

We ordered our new 2013 Columbus 320RS today!! Dealer said they are 6 weeks out. But with holidays starting up I would guess it could be longer. We ordered it at the Southern California RV show. They sold 5 of them while we were there!! We are going to be parking it at my mother in laws mini ranch for a couple monthes until we purchase our truck, and work all the bugs out and get aclimated! Should be a big change but we are looking forward!! The forum was a big help with all the info! Thank you all!

Wooo Hooo!!!

rjshiflet 10-22-2012 03:41 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We've been in ours since early March and have spent 63 nights in it already. We love it and have had so much fun and relaxation in it.

You're going to love it. If I could, I'd recommend the second year warranty from Forest River. It's a steal at $150 but, many times the dealers won't tell you about it because they want to sell their own extended warranty. We bought the second year, plus we got a very good deal (after a lot of negotiating and walking away a time or two) on a 7-year extended warranty since we use ours so much.

Get ready for the time of your life, and those envious looks from other RV folks.

Terier 10-22-2012 03:51 PM

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new Columbus 32ORS from another SoCal member! We are almost neighbors.

The RV show was pretty good. I spent several days there and still didn't see everything I wanted to. BTW - Is your unit being built at the Rialto plant?

:signhavefun::signgoodluck:

Dru R 10-22-2012 05:09 PM

AWESOME & Congratulations,,,Kerry and Larry!
I just received the VIN number for mine and hope it's getting close! It's been about six weeks since order entry for me...

Question for Robert and Estha concerning the 2nd year warranty from Palomino,,Is the application form for that in the delivery information set / packet? or something the dealer provide me with access to?

Thanks for your help!
Dru & Sherri - Holt Missouri, Rochester MN, and Larson's Landing, Yankton SD

Sporoo 10-22-2012 05:18 PM

Congratulations on ordering your new Columbus. We are very excited also. Hope you guys enjoy for many years!

Earth Station 10-22-2012 06:25 PM

Congrats........ love ours!!!

drinkh20 10-22-2012 07:29 PM

Congrats! we just took delivery of ours last week and have spent four nights in it. Good luck

Kerryj 10-22-2012 08:20 PM

Thank you everyone! We are very excited! We will purchase the extra year of manufactures warranty when our unit arrives! The show that we got ours at included the 7 year extended warranty. We added after we had done all the paperwork the Trail Aire airbag kingpin,from what I read on here that is a wise move...has anyone here dealt with the RV SuperCenter in Temecula? How is the service? Have read up on the PDI checklists and are ready, we would rather try to have everything we can find done before we drive off! They told us it would be Indiana, Rialto sure makes more sense! But then again the drive across country should loosen up things and make it easier to locate problems!!! (Not that we anticipate any, but just in case)

Terier 10-22-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerryj (Post 267308)
Thank you everyone! We are very excited! We will purchase the extra year of manufactures warranty when our unit arrives! The show that we got ours at included the 7 year extended warranty. We added after we had done all the paperwork the Trail Aire airbag kingpin,from what I read on here that is a wise move...has anyone here dealt with the RV SuperCenter in Temecula? How is the service? Have read up on the PDI checklists and are ready, we would rather try to have everything we can find done before we drive off! They told us it would be Indiana, Rialto sure makes more sense! But then again the drive across country should loosen up things and make it easier to locate problems!!! (Not that we anticipate any, but just in case)

I was under the impression that different units are built at different plants but wasn't sure. Now I do know the answer.

joelek 10-22-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjshiflet (Post 267184)
Get ready for the time of your life, and those envious looks from other RV folks.

Don't let other women in your new 320RS for more than a couple minutes. They don't want to leave and their hubbys will get annoyed with you. As soon as they leave, the wives say........Honey, can we get one of these!!! :thumbsup: