Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   The Rally Zone | F.R.O.G. Events (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/)
-   -   2013 Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f211/2013-cherry-blossom-festival-in-washington-dc-31313.html)

F.R.O.G. 11-03-2012 08:31 AM

2013 Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC

Last spring's FROG trip to Washington, DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival was extremely popular. Many folks have said they'd like to return, others have said they wish they'd gone. So we're doing it again, April 2-7, at Cherry Hill Park in College Park, MD.

The registration form will be posted this week on www.forestriverfrog.com under the "FROG Rallies and Trips" link.

Come join us!

youroo 11-03-2012 08:50 AM

Rush,rush,rush,we just returned home from the Vegas Rally. So much pressure! Youroo!!:)

F.R.O.G. 11-03-2012 11:39 AM

Right, Youroo, tell me about it! Charleston Holiday Festival of Lights, The Glades in Florida, Tampa RV Super Show, maybe something in between, THEN the Cherry Blossom Festival. Thank goodness it's the slow time of the year.

(Memo to file: This is NOT a complaint.)

lowbubba 11-03-2012 01:32 PM

Hope to get a bid in on the trip, I heard Youroo has all the sites bought up and he is scalping the campsites. He said he will lose a little on each site, but make it up in volume.:confused:

gbpacker 11-03-2012 09:22 PM

Hi Youroo,

Will you be going to Washington for the Cherry Blossum Festival? Gale and I are planning to go. Hope to see you and Joyce there.

Hank

Cyn61 11-03-2012 10:05 PM

I'm wondering if you can go for part of the trip or if you have to sign on for the whole thing?

F.R.O.G. 11-04-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowbubba (Post 271749)
Hope to get a bid in on the trip, I heard Youroo has all the sites bought up and he is scalping the campsites. He said he will lose a little on each site, but make it up in volume.:confused:

Lowbubba, you make Youroo sound like the story my Dad used to tell about the fellow from Missouri that decided to go into business selling watermelons.

He bought a new pickup and drove down to Arkansas, bought a load of melons for a dollar each, and came back and sold them for fifty cents each. After several trips he realized that he wasn't making any money, so he bought a bigger truck. :D

If you'd like, I might be able to get you a spot without having go go through Youroo. I know a guy.

ependydad 11-04-2012 06:22 PM

Hey! This one is in my back yard- I might have to pay attention.

lowbubba 11-04-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. (Post 272164)
Lowbubba, you make Youroo sound like the story my Dad used to tell about the fellow from Missouri that decided to go into business selling watermelons.

He bought a new pickup and drove down to Arkansas, bought a load of melons for a dollar each, and came back and sold them for fifty cents each. After several trips he realized that he wasn't making any money, so he bought a bigger truck. :D

If you'd like, I might be able to get you a spot without having go go through Youroo. I know a guy.

Yep, here we go, I know a guy, who knows a guy, who's brother in law's 1/2 brother works for a guy who may have an extra camping spot for ya. I will keep you informed on how it goes.
Thanks guy!
Lowbubba

ritzyteach 11-04-2012 08:10 PM

that's a wonderful jumping off point for the country's capital! We have been there several times, and I would even recommend staying in one of their cottages. We did that with a small group of family (16 of us!) and the 5 bedroom 'cottage' was wonderful. Four baths, big kitchen, several tvs! And, since it is in Cherry Hill, you still get all the other services, like the bus and pool. How many spots is Youroo scalping? Just so I know whether there will be any left over...:-)