Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Modifications and Updates (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f68/)
-   -   battery cables and such (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f68/battery-cables-and-such-33410.html)

TURBS 01-18-2013 11:52 AM

battery cables and such

1 Attachment(s)
If anyone is upgrading from one battery to two and need battery cables let me know as I can custom make them and I have a ton of "new" scraps of battery cable .
All ends would have copper lugs, soldered and heat shrunk to your specs.

Any length any size cable
Any lug size or postive/negative ends.

Turbs

TURBS 01-18-2013 11:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23119

Attachment 23120

Better quality than what you'll get at a parts store .

Herk7769 01-18-2013 01:35 PM

Nice selection.
Herk :D

TURBS 01-18-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herk7769 (Post 293092)
Nice selection.
Herk :D

Second to none!

realebill 01-18-2013 04:17 PM

those assortments look familiar ! i used to sell them for an industrial supplier that i worked for before i retired !

TURBS 01-18-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realebill (Post 293147)
those assortments look familiar ! i used to sell them for an industrial supplier that i worked for before i retired !

Sent pm

racedaymechanic 01-19-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 293061)
If anyone is upgrading from one battery to two and need battery cables let me know as I can custom make them and I have a ton of "new" scraps of battery cable .
All ends would have copper lugs, soldered and heat shrunk to your specs.

Any length any size cable
Any lug size or postive/negative ends.

Turbs

Don't be offended but As a man who Builds and sells hundreds of Battery Cable sets a year, Ill help you alittle. 1. you stripped the wire back too far, It sould never be deeper than will go into the Terminal, 2. too much and not the right Heat Shrink. 3. Never Solder a Teminal on you Crimp it, I use a 20 ton Hydraulic Crimper but there are manual ones that work well

TURBS 01-19-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedaymechanic (Post 293502)
Don't be offended but As a man who Builds and sells hundreds of Battery Cable sets a year, Ill help you alittle. 1. you stripped the wire back too far, It sould never be deeper than will go into the Terminal, 2. too much and not the right Heat Shrink. 3. Never Solder a Teminal on you Crimp it, I use a 20 ton Hydraulic Crimper but there are manual ones that work well

No offense taken but I've been building battery cables for 20 years and soldered everyone.
The cable shown was not even soldered together I just heat shrinked over it for example.
Not sure where you heard never to solder a cable but if it werks for you to crimp that's ok to.
Not sure why they sell me soldering pellets and solder on ends either?

Turbs

racedaymechanic 01-19-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 293518)
No offense taken but I've been building battery cables for 20 years and soldered everyone.
The cable shown was not even soldered together I just heat shrinked over it for example.
Not sure where you heard never to solder a cable but if it werks for you to crimp that's ok to.
Not sure why they sell me soldering pellets and solder on ends either?

Turbs

They sell the solder for people who dont have the proper crimp, the solder wicks up the wire and makes it brittle, If you have been doing this for 20 years you should have the proper tools

TURBS 01-22-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedaymechanic (Post 293523)
They sell the solder for people who dont have the proper crimp, the solder wicks up the wire and makes it brittle, If you have been doing this for 20 years you should have the proper tools

It only wicks up if your doing it wrong or uneducated about soldering battery cables.

Turbs