Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Solera (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f191/)
-   -   Solera swivel seats (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f191/solera-swivel-seats-35642.html)

Trail blazer 03-09-2013 01:17 PM

Solera swivel seats

I have been told the Solera's that are leaving the factory now, come with driver and passenger swivel seats. Is this correct? Just looking for confirmation.

Taylorgso 03-09-2013 02:54 PM

I wonder! We had them add a swivel for the passenger seat at the dealership, and had considered one for the driver's seat as well. The salesman mentioned that installing the swivel added approximately 2" to the seat height. As it turned out, I'm glad we didn't order it - I'm tall and drive with the seat lowered, and adding that 2" would have made it uncomfortably high for me. I suspect that the dealer you're working with may be ordering them that way, but I'd be surprised if the factory was making it a standard accessory. bclemens monitors this forum, perhaps he can clue us all in.

PopBeavers 03-09-2013 03:14 PM

I am 6 foot tall. I like the swivel.

DW is about 5 foot 6. Her feet dangle, putting pressure on the back of her knees. She has had both knees replaced. We may remove the passenger side swivel.

When swiveled around there is not enough elevation to be comfortable. This is because the floor of the cabin is so much higher than the floor of the cab. If I had it to do all over again I might not have gotten the swivels. At least not in their current design.

To be comfortable when swiveled back into the cabin they need to be about 4 inches taller.

Displaced2 03-09-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylorgso (Post 321733)
I wonder! We had them add a swivel for the passenger seat at the dealership, and had considered one for the driver's seat as well. The salesman mentioned that installing the swivel added approximately 2" to the seat height. As it turned out, I'm glad we didn't order it - I'm tall and drive with the seat lowered, and adding that 2" would have made it uncomfortably high for me. I suspect that the dealer you're working with may be ordering them that way, but I'd be surprised if the factory was making it a standard accessory. bclemens monitors this forum, perhaps he can clue us all in.

Do you mind saying what the dealer installation cost was.

Taylorgso 03-09-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Displaced2 (Post 321884)
Do you mind saying what the dealer installation cost was.

We saw the Solera at an RV show in January. We liked the coach and negotiated a price while there. Then we insisted on the swivel, a second house battery, and a couple of other goodies which they agree to throw into the deal. I did google the swivel attachments, and you can buy them for the Sprinter for about $230.00 The installation appears to be simple - remove the seat, install the swivel in it's place, then install the seat to the swivel... it appears to be a half-hour job. If you haven't yet purchased a coach, I would suggest you negotiate your price first, then insist on the add ons (and be prepared to walk away) - they'll almost always agree on minor upgrades like this at the risk of losing the deal.

bclemens 03-10-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solera blazer (Post 321684)
I have been told the Solera's that are leaving the factory now, come with driver and passenger swivel seats. Is this correct? Just looking for confirmation.

That is correct. The chasis' that we're getting from Mercedes are swivel driver/passenger.

The seats are still a bit low when turned, but they work. There is a lever on the side that lifts them a bit.

Trail blazer 03-10-2013 01:59 PM

Thank you for confirming that information bclements.

Sandiegodoug 03-10-2013 08:02 PM

Is that the same lever that Comes on the non swivel seats or an additional lever

bclemens 03-11-2013 06:57 AM

one in the same.

Trail blazer 03-11-2013 06:51 PM

Bclemens--Do you have a current picture showing both seats turned toward the rear bed? If so, would you please post!