Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f185/)
-   -   tow vehicle mod and repair thread? (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f185/tow-vehicle-mod-and-repair-thread-36594.html)

TURBS 03-24-2013 03:29 PM

To the wonderful moderators.
And to phellow phorum comrades

Has anyone ever expressed intrest in a tv mod and repair section?

I hate going to "other" phorums to research tow vehicle mods and repairs.

Seems to me Probably 80 percent of us "tow" our camping units and a mod and tech thread would be great.

I almost always go to "off" topic phor my upgrades and tech on my tv.

I've seen tons of threads on mpg and how to get more.
as well as air bags, 5th wheel hitches, shocks, tuners, MAINTENANCE etc etc

Thoughts?

Turbs

B47 03-24-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 332922)
To the wonderful moderators.
And to phellow phorum comrades

Has anyone ever expressed intrest in a tv mod and repair section?

I hate going to "other" phorums to research tow vehicle mods and repairs.

Seems to me Probably 80 percent of us "tow" our camping units and a mod and tech thread would be great.

I almost always go to "off" topic phor my upgrades and tech on my tv.

I've seen tons of threads on mpg and how to get more.
as well as air bags, 5th wheel hitches, shocks, tuners etc etc.



Thoughts?

Turbs

I think it would be a good thread - especially with spring coming ( at least for some of us ) people are going to be ready to do mods, etc, that they have read about while their units are in storage or winterized.

OldCoot 03-24-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 332922)
To the wonderful moderators.
And to phellow phorum comrades
Has anyone ever expressed intrest in a tv mod and repair section? I hate going to "other" phorums to research tow vehicle mods and repairs.
Seems to me Probably 80 percent of us "tow" our camping units and a mod and tech thread would be great. I almost always go to "off" topic phor my upgrades and tech on my tv. I've seen tons of threads on mpg and how to get more. as well as air bags, 5th wheel hitches, shocks, tuners, MAINTENANCE etc etc

Thoughts?

Turbs

Think it would be great for us old poor folks driving old broken down trucks trying to get more umph out of them. Especially old Chevys like mine.

SPPD 03-24-2013 06:22 PM

I agree! I have been bouncing from here to a truck forum to piece together some towing information. One stop shopping sounds good to me!

Great Idea!

SPPD

rkswyo 03-24-2013 06:27 PM

Sounds like a great idea to me. I think it would be very useful. Other RV forums have it.

TURBS 03-24-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkswyo (Post 333087)
Sounds like a great idea to me. I think it would be very useful. Other RV forums have it.

My thoughts exactly.

SYE 03-24-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoot (Post 333051)
Think it would be great for us old poor folks driving old broken down trucks trying to get more umph out of them. Especially old Chevys like mine.

My GMC is the same year as yours, it just gets smarter with age.

SYE 03-24-2013 06:56 PM

Ok Ill start the first question. I am considering Roadmaster Active Suspension for my truck because my new 5er is about 1000 pounds heavier than the last one and my truck sags pretty bad now. I was considering air bags like I had on my last 2 trucks but they always leaked and I had to replace both of them until I finally removed them as it was like a wife too much upkeep. Any comments/advice would be helpful. I an thinking thinking the Roadmaster first and then adding airbags if it does not work, but I am a bit skeptical!!!

TURBS 03-24-2013 07:06 PM

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ngs-36463.html

Seen this ?

QCCowboy 03-24-2013 09:31 PM

I think this is a great idea. I bounce to several different forums to get ideas and help for my TV....would be nice to go to one place. I have seen a lot of different threads with some of these posts on here but it would be nice to have a couple of general categories out there for TV mods.

I would even be willing to post pics and detail of the install of my air bags and compressor that I will be doing once the weather warms up!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.