Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Palomino (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   What WiFi product are you using? (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/what-wifi-product-are-you-using-37880.html)

treaves 04-14-2013 09:43 AM

What WiFi product are you using?
 
I'm interested in what people are putting in their units for WiFi, to be able to link up with any provided WiFi at parks (WiFi extenders / bridges). I've found two very promising products, one installs externally, and one is internal.

There are even nicer products when the service provider support the extension protocols, but, that's not going to be the case at parks as there are a limited number of client channels.

ependydad 04-14-2013 09:44 AM

None, but the wifi ranger products look pretty good.


To be honest, I have found that I get better or at the very least, more consistent wifi by using the hotspot on my phone (and possibly upgrading to a dedicated hotspot device) than the wifi that parks provide.

SYE 04-14-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treaves (Post 349219)
I'm interested in what people are putting in their units for WiFi, to be able to link up with any provided WiFi at parks (WiFi extenders / bridges). I've found two very promising products, one installs externally, and one is internal.

There are even nicer products when the service provider support the extension protocols, but, that's not going to be the case at parks as there are a limited number of client channels.

I use nothing, I find that my smart TV finds whatever is close enough to get a signal and I go with it. It seems to work, as I do not use the computer much when camping!!

I have also used my cell phone as a mobile hot spot

ynott96 04-14-2013 10:04 AM

We purchased a used MI-FI of EBAY for $35, actiavte with Verizon when desired..excellent strength and service everywhere!

Goomph 04-14-2013 10:10 AM

Mifi unit from Verizon. Well worth it. It has enabled me to telecommute for two weeks at campgrounds, without it I could nut pull this trip off.

SYE 04-14-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goomph (Post 349234)
Mifi unit from Verizon. Well worth it. It has enabled me to telecommute for two weeks at campgrounds, without it I could nut pull this trip off.

How much ndoes verizon charge for this MIFI every month

TURBS 04-14-2013 10:29 AM

WIFI hot spot on android "free" if you have a mesmerize II

Oakman 04-14-2013 10:30 AM

I use the Verizon MiFi also. While many parks offer WiFi, many times that service is spotty or very slow.

the MiFi is great as long as there is cell service available.

My pet peeve is the contest between AT&T and Verizon over who has the best 4G network. I'm mean really, there are large areas in the U.S. that are completely dead when it comes to cell service. Instead of 4G or 3G, I'd be happy if one of them would provide any G but nationwide.

TURBS 04-14-2013 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakman (Post 349253)
I use the Verizon MiFi also. While many parks offer WiFi, many times that service is spotty or very slow.

the MiFi is great as long as there is cell service available.

My pet peeve is the contest between AT&T and Verizon over who has the best 4G network. I'm mean really, there are large areas in the U.S. that are completely dead when it comes to cell service. Instead of 4G or 3G, I'd be happy if one of them would provide any G but nationwide.

I COMPLETELY agree!

When I am at the house in the northwoods the cell service is sooooo spotty let alone g service !:D
Attachment 27871

Oakman 04-14-2013 11:10 AM

I've been known to strike that pose while standing in the bed of my pickup in an effort to get cell service.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.