Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Coachmen Motorhomes (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f230/)
-   -   First time out this season: pic for proof (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f230/first-time-out-this-season-pic-for-proof-39782.html)

Roll 05-12-2013 09:25 PM

First time out this season: pic for proof

1 Attachment(s)
Here we are all De-Ployed and sticking out everywhere. :thumbsup:

We did have a good time in spite of the miserable weather. I took this shot early Sunday morning in the first sunshine we saw the entire trip. It was cold. I had the Propane tank filled up when we arrived and we used the furnace Saturday night and Sunday.

No problems; nothing discovered that needed attention. Though that won't keep me from fiddling around with stuff.

We have a 4 day weekend coming up over the Memorial Day Holiday, a week long trip to Eastern PA in June or July, and some additional 3 day weekends to keep us active in the coach.

Once I am free of the obligation to work for a living, (August) we hope to use the coach even more.

Roll

h20ski 05-12-2013 09:29 PM

Congrats, Looks GREAT!! Enjoy. :)

Dabmeb 05-12-2013 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats and enjoy.
Here is the view out our front door, can't wait to get back. Just opened up and cleaned up for the season.

Attachment 30319

clancythecamper 05-12-2013 10:30 PM

Roll, I was looking at the sunshine and sky and trying to figure out what was wrong! LOL, It's always beautiful after a front goes thru ~ Nice coach ~ and retirement right around the corner ~ sounds wonderful :) Enjoy!

Steeljag 05-12-2013 10:34 PM

Lol...here in Florida were wrapping up our camping season. We have one trip left at the end of the month to Salt Springs (Ocala), then nothing until the first of September.

As much as I love the spring waters and snorkeling here, it's just to hot for us to sit around a camp ground.

Sept to May......those nine months are good camping for us!

go6car 05-16-2013 05:13 AM

Glad you were able to get out finally!!! (What a great looking rig! I'm totally not bias or anything... :D)

mvpmich 05-16-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 374469)
Here we are all De-Ployed and sticking out everywhere. :thumbsup:

We did have a good time in spite of the miserable weather. I took this shot early Sunday morning in the first sunshine we saw the entire trip. It was cold. I had the Propane tank filled up when we arrived and we used the furnace Saturday night and Sunday.

No problems; nothing discovered that needed attention. Though that won't keep me from fiddling around with stuff.

We have a 4 day weekend coming up over the Memorial Day Holiday, a week long trip to Eastern PA in June or July, and some additional 3 day weekends to keep us active in the coach.

Once I am free of the obligation to work for a living, (August) we hope to use the coach even more.

Roll

Looks great and glad your spring adventure posed no problems. Speaking from experience retirement will end schedules and timetables and make being on the road so much more enjoyable.

mvpmich 05-16-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljag (Post 374553)
Lol...here in Florida were wrapping up our camping season. We have one trip left at the end of the month to Salt Springs (Ocala), then nothing until the first of September.

As much as I love the spring waters and snorkeling here, it's just to hot for us to sit around a camp ground.

Sept to May......those nine months are good camping for us!

That's why we spend summers in Michigan and traveling in the coach to wherever and the other 6 months in Trinity, Florida.

Roll 05-17-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvpmich (Post 377835)
Speaking from experience retirement will end schedules and timetables and make being on the road so much more enjoyable.

I'm starting to sense that and can't wait. Now, and for the last 20 years, I've been in a hurry. Drive fast, rush here and there, even chores like grocery shopping, mowing, wash, are all done by multitasking with a sense of urgency.

With retirement two months off I am beginning to feel myself lift off the throttle a bit. Feels good.

Thanks for the confirmation. :signhavefun:

Roll

Poppy94 05-17-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 377943)
I'm starting to sense that and can't wait. Now, and for the last 20 years, I've been in a hurry. Drive fast, rush here and there, even chores like grocery shopping, mowing, wash, are all done by multitasking with a sense of urgency.

With retirement two months off I am beginning to feel myself lift off the throttle a bit. Feels good.

Thanks for the confirmation. :signhavefun:

Roll

we ran like that for 20+ yrs. i'm 43 now and 2 yrs ago we decided to slow down and enjoy the ride. i decided that travelling around and taking my time was a good way to get to know my wife again. kids are just about on their own, so why not "date" my wife again. it's been fun! i just get tired of the rat race so i agree with you! it's a good feeling not to burn the candle at both ends! congrats!