Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Secret Confessions - completely anonymous (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/secret-confessions-completely-anonymous-40549.html)

ependydad 05-24-2013 10:33 AM

Secret Confessions - completely anonymous

Well, marginally anonymous.

Well, ok - not anonymous at all. :roflblack:

My first: I approach every campground with absolute fear and dread of having to park my rig. When I get backed into the site, I still feel like it was luck rather than skill! More times than not, it's not a complete mess - it actually goes pretty well.

:signhavefun:

OldCoot 05-24-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ependydad (Post 383809)

My first: I approach every campground with absolute fear and dread of having to park my rig. When I get backed into the site, I still feel like it was luck rather than skill! More times than not, it's not a complete mess - it actually goes pretty well.

Sounds like you need to get some cones or something and go to a parking lot and spend a few hrs practicing parking (backing) at all different angles, etc. After you practice a while try a real challenge and try parallel parking the whole rig.

BombDoc 05-24-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ependydad (Post 383809)

Well, you and my DW would have a complete melt down if she was anywere near you when you attempted to park. She totally comes unhinged if a tree is within 5 feet of the camper. She has white knuckles from the passenger side:roflblack:.
To be honest, I get a little nervous too. I get more nervous with her in my ear. We have "practiced" where she needs to be (in my mirror so that I can see her) to be so many times, but as soon as we pull into the campground, all of that "training" goes out the window. :roflblack:

force 05-24-2013 10:47 AM

Ha, I hear you there, but that only happens to me when I have to back into my driveway, which is a little steep at the bottom then gets pretty narrow in the middle for about 50' (maybe 8-10" room on each side of the TT...one side is a slope, the other a retaining wall) before it opens back up near the house. The first few times I was only willing to try it from one direction, so I could look out the driver side window and watch the TT tires along the driveway edge.

But that required a 2 mile 'detour' to come into my neighborhood from the right direction. This last time I came in the short way and backed it in using just the mirrors. Only had to re-adjust a 1 or 2 times, but I got it.

(or maybe it was more like 6 or 7 times lol)

OldCoot 05-24-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombDoc (Post 383813)
Well, you and my DW would have a complete melt down if she was anywere near you when you attempted to park. She totally comes unhinged if a tree is within 5 feet of the camper. She has white knuckles from the passenger side:roflblack:.
To be honest, I get a little nervous too. I get more nervous with her in my ear. We have "practiced" where she needs to be (in my mirror so that I can see her) to be so many times, but as soon as we pull into the campground, all of that "training" goes out the window. :roflblack:

Get you a GE baby monitor and 1 extra camera and put one on each side of the camper. Tell DW to close her eyes and HANG ON! :roflblack:

BombDoc 05-24-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoot (Post 383820)
Get you a GE baby monitor and 1 extra camera and put one on each side of the camper. Tell DW to close her eyes and HANG ON! :roflblack:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ependydad 05-24-2013 10:55 AM

Ok, so enough about me... :p

What are YOUR secret and totally anonymous confessions?

tanddc 05-24-2013 11:05 AM

We just moved from tents to a pop up last year and before that I had never towed anything before in my life. I was terrified that I would hit something and then that I would be able to back it in. I never hit anything but the first few times backing in seemed to take forever (never did do the practice thing, I figure if anything is going to happen its going to happen out there). Wife an I provided lots of campground entertainment (she has a loud voice and I don't listen very well)

Now we do phones when we back in. Makes for much better communication. I was surprised when we went to a 25 ft. trailer this year it seemed a lot easier. First time out (in the brand new just picked up camper) we seemed to fly right into our spot. Part of the way though she said stop but don't get out. Turns out she had me within an inch of a tree. We made it on it though :)

OldCoot 05-24-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ependydad (Post 383824)
Ok, so enough about me... :p What are YOUR secret and totally anonymous confessions?

I love Tapioca pudding. Satisfied? :roflblack:

TURBS 05-24-2013 11:09 AM

I'll confess for my boss.

Last weekend he hooked up to a fresh water fill connection upon entering cg.
He then went inside to pay for 3 nights of camping.......
As the cg owner and the boss are chewing the fat, the cg owner asks him if that's a new water feature on his holiday rambler?
When he turned around he was shocked to see water gushing from the black tank vent and pouring over the side of his holiday rambler mh.

I labeled the fresh water tank fill and black tank flush connections this morning.............

Turbs