Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Roo | Shamrock (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   Leaking bunk ends on brand new camper (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/leaking-bunk-ends-on-brand-new-camper-41499.html)

Jorlando 06-07-2013 11:04 AM

Leaking bunk ends on brand new camper

Help please!!! I have a brand new 2014 Roo ikss. I seasoned the canvas as stated in the Manuel several times. Let it dry then it rained, let it dry again, now it's pouring out and were still leaking. Called FR and the dealer, both said this is normal, but I'm starting to get nervous. At what point is this not normal? Should I use a sealer? Any advice, and or help is appreciated.

lrsmith0001 06-07-2013 11:28 AM

I just purchased the same trailer two weeks ago and will be taking it out next week-end for first time. It is true the canvas needs to be seasoned, are you sure it has gotten totally dry? It wont expand fully until totally dry. I am assuming you are in Florida where there has been steady rain. Now im worried about mine.

Jorlando 06-07-2013 11:38 AM

I m pretty sure it was dry. I'm in New York. Sorry I have you worried now. I'm going to let it dry again, wet it down and then see what it does.

lrsmith0001 06-07-2013 11:48 AM

Hope that works for you, I will keep a close eye on mine next weekend. How do you like the trailer other than that. Any suggestions before my first trip.

Jorlando 06-07-2013 11:52 AM

Other than the small leak, we love the camper. Advise? I'm a novice camper so I really couldn't give any. As for advise with the camper, there is nothing that really jumps out that I think you might have an issue with. Just keep an eye on the canvas. Enjoy your first trip!!

Hostile2camp 06-07-2013 12:08 PM

I bought a telescoping ladder so I could get up and clean off the leaves before retracting the slides back in

bikendan 06-07-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hostile2camp (Post 394964)
I bought a telescoping ladder so I could get up and clean off the leaves before retracting the slides back in

That's why we had a slidetopper installed on our Roo's superslide.
No more cleaning leaves/debris.

melbornj 06-08-2013 07:17 AM

We camped in the rain one of the first weekends out in our ROO We had a small leak. The next timE it rained I had another small leak. Now we camped last night in the rain here in upstate NY and had nothing. Lucky for me the leak was always I. The girls bed. But seriously once we got the canvas seasoned it was good to go.

biken201 06-08-2013 08:25 AM

Check all along the perimeter where the canvas connects to the camper (door/frame). I found several areas that needed to be sealed (especially at the upper corners where the canvas meets the frame). I initially thought it was simply a "seasoning" issue until I really inspected everything closely.

FR sent me the caulk to do it, and I haven't had a problem since. But... in fairness, we don't see much rain here (AZ).

Jorlando 06-08-2013 09:19 AM

How many times did you season the canvas before you realized something else was going on?