Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f99/)
-   -   Who's Camping for Thanksgiving? (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f99/whos-camping-for-thanksgiving-50801.html)

Cajun Po-Boy 11-12-2013 07:10 AM

Who's Camping for Thanksgiving?

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 42527

We'll be at Amicalola State Park in the North GA Mts for the dirty bird week :D

archham 11-12-2013 07:17 AM

We will be at Willow Tree, Longs SC (near Myrtle Beach). First time camping for this holiday...

mjones12 11-12-2013 07:23 AM

For the past few years we have camped over Thanksgiving at Four Paws Kingdom Campground in Rutherfordton, NC. The chef there (yes, they have an executive chef/owner) always prepares a major Thanksgiving feast, along with other activities. We have friends who camp there regularly, so it's a "family" event every time.

ependydad 11-12-2013 07:36 AM

We might be- depends on when we get the camper back. Someone on another forum posted about the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad and them doing a Polar Express Train. I know my wife would really enjoy that, so we're kicking around taking a couple of days to get there and checking it out. Just not sure where else we might go since I know the kidlets would like to find somewhere with an indoor pool...

fields 11-12-2013 08:12 AM

We like to go to one of the many campgrounds around Myrtle Beach. This year it is Ocean Lakes. They have an indoor pool and plenty of things for the kids to do. Lots of shopping and eating! We have a lot of family that camps down there also.

Weezer 11-12-2013 08:21 AM

We'll be camping here:
Catherine's Landing, an RVC Outdoor Destination (Hot Springs, AR) - Campground Reviews - TripAdvisor

Five star ratings across the board.

It'll be our first time to camp during Thanksgiving, and our first time to stay at an RV "resort".

We're sharing the holiday with close friends (also RVers) from TX.

Can't wait!

jtstromsburg 11-12-2013 08:26 AM

We'll be camping at our local church camp, Timberlake Ranch Camp. Full hookups, and for my in laws, there are four season cabins With room for us all to eat if necessary. Could be pretty chilly here in central Nebraska.

whj77372 11-12-2013 10:16 AM

I would love to, but not in any of those locations listed above. South Florida would be nice. The older I get the more I go for the 75 degrees. Good Luck

Gina-n-Bert 11-12-2013 10:48 AM

We will be camping at my farm in SC. Taking delivery of our new Work and Play 30 WRS later this week. I always like to stay at the farm for a few nights before I hit the open road. Kind of a "shake down" camp! Hope everyone has great weather and lots of fun!

jbrostek 11-12-2013 10:58 AM

Not camping on thankgiving day, but will be for the weekend in the Panhandle of WV. It's the final race event of the season for me and official at Summit Point Raceway. Its a vintage race car event, so I get to see lots of racing history turning laps around the track which has over a 30 year history itself. I could go elsewhere, but its fun for me.