Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Towing, Tow Vehicles, Hitches & Toads (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   pull rite super glide question (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f12/pull-rite-super-glide-question-51694.html)

muddyrode 12-04-2013 08:57 PM

pull rite super glide question

Dose anybody ever have there super glide hitch move around
when Not hooked up to a trailer?
mine bangs around back there when going around corners in town
does anybody teather theres down?

Paul M 12-04-2013 09:04 PM

I have a super glide and talked to the factory rep at the Hershey RV Show. He said the stop bolt on the front of the slider should be adjusted so that it almost takes two hands to knock off of center. Mine is not quite that tight but still snug enough to prevent it from moving around while not hooked up.
Paul

Cajun Po-Boy 12-04-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 507536)
I have a super glide and talked to the factory rep at the Hershey RV Show. He said the stop bolt on the front of the slider should be adjusted so that it almost takes two hands to knock off of center. Mine is not quite that tight but still snug enough to prevent it from moving around while not hooked up.
Paul

X2...make your adjustment at the jam nut as mentioned & it'll stop the movement

clange 12-04-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun Po-Boy (Post 507569)
X2...make your adjustment at the jam nut as mentioned & it'll stop the movement

X3. Mine would move around some before I made the adjustment on the jam nut. It also stopped some mild banging noises my hitch was making when I would stop and start from a light, etc.

Herk7769 12-04-2013 10:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the manual and the adjustment procedure.

themounties 12-04-2013 10:33 PM

This is why I love this place mine does this too and I'm gonna give this a try thanks

1surveyor 12-04-2013 10:51 PM

I guess that I need to do this adjustment to mine thanks guy's :trink39:

muddyrode 12-06-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac (Post 507531)
Dose anybody ever have there super glide hitch move around
when Not hooked up to a trailer?
mine bangs around back there when going around corners in town
does anybody teather theres down?

thanks for the info Kmac

avolnek 12-06-2013 10:12 AM

My father's hitch still rocks around even with the jam nut "hand tight" He does tether the head on each side to the front corners of the box to prevent it from sliding around while un hooked. Tightening that jam nut too much will only prematurely wear that roller and nylon block out. I'm sure we can tighten his some more yet but he doesn't experience any noises while towing so I feel that he is set where it needs to be...

Mr.z 12-06-2013 04:06 PM

I also have a Pullrite hitch and was recently asked to move somebody elses fifth wheel RV that does not have a Pullrite catch plate. Can I do that with the Pullrite slider ?