Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Motorhome Discussion (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f4/)
-   -   Maxx Air II (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f4/maxx-air-ii-52978.html)

johnpisue 01-06-2014 02:20 PM

Maxx Air II
 
I am looking to put up some Maxx Air on my FR3. Has anyone tried them? How are they compared to the regular Maxx Air?

Thanks,

TURBS 01-06-2014 02:27 PM

I have two of them and love them!
You'll not be disappointed and install is easy if you have basic hand tools and a drill.

TURBS

golf cart safety instructor.

Wiscampsin 01-06-2014 02:58 PM

X2. Took me longer to climb up and down the ladder than to install mine. But then I made 2 trips, one with the cover and another with the bucket of tools. The '2' has a bit more screened ventilation area.

johnpisue 01-06-2014 04:27 PM

Thanks turbo and wiscamping

Ford Idaho 01-06-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 521659)
I have two of them and love them!
You'll not be disappointed and install is easy if you have basic hand tools and a drill.

TURBS

golf cart safety instructor.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiscampsin (Post 521675)
X2. Took me longer to climb up and down the ladder than to install mine. But then I made 2 trips, one with the cover and another with the bucket of tools. The '2' has a bit more screened ventilation area.


What did you use to seal the new vent?

TURBS 01-06-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Idaho (Post 521743)
What did you use to seal the new vent?

A caulking tube of self leveling dicor.
Buy two as one is almost not enough.


TURBS

golf cart safety instructor.

golfmedik 01-06-2014 05:37 PM

I love the IIs!! As stated, very easy to install!

Monty

Ford Idaho 01-06-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1100turbo (Post 521763)
A caulking tube of self leveling dicor.
Buy two as one is almost not enough.


TURBS

golf cart safety instructor.

Ahh, I was thinking 4" eternabond.

:)

youroo 01-06-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Idaho (Post 521743)
What did you use to seal the new vent?

Wait a minute,there is NO caulking involved with (Max Air II) vent covers! Youroo!!

Ford Idaho 01-06-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youroo (Post 521799)
Wait a minute,there is NO caulking involved with (Max Air II) vent covers! Youroo!!

They screw down on/to the roof, no?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.