Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f99/)
-   -   What do we all do to pay for our camping trips (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f99/what-do-we-all-do-to-pay-for-our-camping-trips-55353.html)

iceblaze580 02-27-2014 10:12 PM

What do we all do to pay for our camping trips
 
As for me I am a firefighter and school bus driver trainer for a school district

Whiteknight 02-27-2014 10:32 PM

I work for a large retailer as a security systems technician. Servicing their fire alarms, burglar alarms and CCTV systems.

N9ID 02-27-2014 10:34 PM

DW is a retired teacher and I am a contractor with a software company. The nice thing is I can work from the RV!

Mike

iceblaze580 02-27-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N9ID (Post 551302)
DW is a retired teacher and I am a contractor with a software company. The nice thing is I can work from the RV!

Mike

That's pretty sweet working while you play

Kaadk 02-27-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceblaze580 (Post 551304)
That's pretty sweet working while you play


DW gets upset when I do that. She has to keep reminding me to put down the e-mails. I just glad she hasn't caught me using the remote connection back into work from the cellphone. :D

Myself, I work in IT.

Kaboom 02-27-2014 11:01 PM

Self employed, Motorcycle repair and accessories. Retired public safety officer.

RockyMtnHigh 02-27-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaadk (Post 551310)
DW gets upset when I do that. She has to keep reminding me to put down the e-mails. I just glad she hasn't caught me using the remote connection back into work from the cellphone. :D

Myself, I work in IT.

Like Kaadk, I work in IT as well. But unlike Kaadk, one of the things I love about camping is being able to drive until you have no cel coverage and THEN you know you've found the right spot! Personally, I need to unplug once in a while, WiFi hotspotting be dammed! :D

SKnight 02-27-2014 11:28 PM

By trade, I'm a salesman for Standard motor Products. I manage inventories for several warehouses in Ga, Al, Fl, and Tn. Gives me lots of chances to scout campgrounds. Unfortunately I'm kinda over the driving up the highway thing as I travel 50,000 miles a year in the company car already. but camping is worth it. :)

I was a mechanic for 17 years, last 10 at GM dealers. Explains why I like doing my own mods I suppose.

Timtation 02-27-2014 11:31 PM

I worked until I was downsized then I took advantage of being unemployed. Instead of doing what I am told I do what I want, with my wife's concurrence. (Not a great deal difference than before, just a bit of difference in pay scale, offset by planning.)

Kaadk 02-28-2014 12:07 AM

What do we all do to pay for our camping trips
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMtnHigh (Post 551318)
Like Kaadk, I work in IT as well. But unlike Kaadk, one of the things I love about camping is being able to drive until you have no cel coverage and THEN you know you've found the right spot! Personally, I need to unplug once in a while, WiFi hotspotting be dammed! :D


Oh, don't get me wrong. It's not like I want to be connected, and I do often "must be out of cell coverage". But when your company's client list consists of the fortune 50, you better be available if the fit hits the shan or the curb's gonna hit your can.

I do at least leave the laptop at home and tell the DW I'll only do what I can from the screen of the phone. It's amazing just how much you can do from a phone these days. :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.