Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Extreme Weather package (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/extreme-weather-package-72465.html)

Tx_Rider 12-06-2014 10:51 PM

Extreme Weather package

If a unit has the sticker on the side that states "Extreme Weather Package"

Shouldn't it have the below options installed?

Extreme Weather Package
Dual Pane Windows
12V Heated Holding Tanks
Radiant Roof/Floor/Slide Out Floor/Front Insulation (R-38 @ 80F)

ironj 12-06-2014 11:18 PM

Not necessarly. ...the sticker indicates an option..

What does your invoice/options from purchase say? If you paid for the "optional" package then yes...sticker or NO sticker you should have them.

Tx_Rider 12-07-2014 06:18 AM

The invoice did not have the Extreme Weather option on it.
I assumed (that's where I went wrong) since it had an enclosed underbelly that it had that "option". I couldn't tell if it had insulation installed or dual pane windows.

Witch Doctor 12-07-2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider (Post 747450)
The invoice did not have the Extreme Weather option on it.
I assumed (that's where I went wrong) since it had an enclosed underbelly that it had that "option". I couldn't tell if it had insulation installed or dual pane windows.

Couldn't tell you, but double pain windows are easy to see, they should be about 1/4" space between the glass that is filled with a gas.

MillerTime 12-07-2014 08:13 AM

Our dual pane windows have a sticker on them that says "insulated ". You really cant tell visually that they are. But we do have the new "frameless" windows as well.
On our sabre, we had to order the optional radiant barrier, and some of the other more energy efficient options.
Just look at your brochure to see what options are standard or forced.
Good luck!

biznsa 12-07-2014 08:21 AM

I agree with MillerTime. What does the brochure say the extreme weather package consists of?

prairiecamper 12-07-2014 01:01 PM

:roflblack::roflblack: Ok I stopped laughing, extreme weather package and RV used in the same sentence. That's an oxymoron. Ok I'm a little biased! Easy to tell if dual pane windows, use a light (flashlight) against the glass, if you have 1 reflection it's single pane, 2 reflections 2 panes, 3 reflections 3 panes etc.:trink39:

Tx_Rider 12-07-2014 04:57 PM

This is what the FR brochure states,

Extreme Weather Package:
Dual Pane Windows
12V Heated Holding Tanks
Ducted Heat and Radiant Roof/Floor/Slide Out Floor Insulation (R-38 @ 80F Radiant Technology)

Witch Doctor 12-07-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider (Post 747778)
This is what the FR brochure states,

Extreme Weather Package:
Dual Pane Windows
12V Heated Holding Tanks
Ducted Heat and Radiant Roof/Floor/Slide Out Floor Insulation (R-38 @ 80F Radiant Technology)

I'm wondering how they made radiant floors. That would mean hot water like from a boiler being pumped through plex lines and have to be layed like in concrete. I can't imagine the amount of propane to do that. Maybe they have some new technology that they have developed. I would really like to see how they did that. No doubt they did something and call it Radiant heat. Windows I can understand, pretty common, heated tanks are common. R-38 is great just can't wrap my brain around the radiant heat. I thinking hot water baseboard heating. Even with that it would need a very big hot water heater and plenty of propane with a circulating distribution pump running all the time. I just never heard of it as of yet lets say. The brochert does say that , but also say's op. Did you get that option. It also states options on appliances.

GOTTOYS 12-07-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairiecamper (Post 747660)
:roflblack::roflblack: Ok I stopped laughing, extreme weather package and RV used in the same sentence. That's an oxymoron. Ok I'm a little biased! Easy to tell if dual pane windows, use a light (flashlight) against the glass, if you have 1 reflection it's single pane, 2 reflections 2 panes, 3 reflections 3 panes etc.:trink39:

Can't agree more! Usually it might be tank heaters, maybe some extra aluminum foil "insulation" somewhere and the all important decal. Ask the dealer or manufacturer if it will be guaranteed against water freeze ups and if it will stay warm in below zero temperatures....Then after the silence, listen for the laughter...:roflblack: Very few if any but the very high end trailers are capable of this type of use...