Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Forester (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Slide out question (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f15/slide-out-question-74024.html)

lmouhot 01-18-2015 07:06 PM

Slide out question

Have 3051s with one long slide on driver sides scwintec slide. Noticed on last two trips lower front track seems to have moved out about 1 inch during travel. I have done the things folks and factory have recommended for zero point but still moves out one inch at bottom track on front of slide. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Scizzorman

bclemens 01-19-2015 10:38 PM

What have you done that they have recommended? Is it moving out far enough that it is not sealing? Pictures?

lmouhot 01-20-2015 07:24 AM

Brian when I close or open the slide we hold the switch for 7 or 8 seconds after. When the slide is closed it does seal but if you look at the gap on the rear it is about 1/4 top to bottom. Front is 1/4 at top and 3/4 at bottom when closed. Travel down the road for an hour or so and the bottom shifts out an inch or more but maybe only half inch at top. Will shoot pics on next trip. Should slide move at all during travel? Should there be some lock I dont know about to prevent movement? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

wana65stang 01-20-2015 09:19 AM

Imouhot, I have a 3051s also, check the gear track that is mounted on the slide ( thing that looks like a snake) make sure the gears aren't worn, if they are, it could cause the slide to move while you are driving. When you are standing looking at the front end of the slide, the part that way be worn will be on the right end of the rail.Mine is going back to dealer in spring to have that complete gear assembly replaced for the same condition you are having.

PS: must add a big thank-you to FR for covering this under warranty.

bclemens 01-20-2015 10:04 AM

I would make sure you take it in to the dealer or at least get it noted.

lmouhot 01-21-2015 07:32 AM

I dont understand why this would be worn on a unit less than 8 months old . This would have to be replaced every year?

bclemens 01-21-2015 08:54 AM

"Worn" is probably not the correct term. Broken teeth might be better.

If the slides aren't synced from the beginning, they can get slightly misaligned which could cause some issues. Who knows if they're running the slide in and out properly on the lot.

Either way, take a look at the track. If its missing any teethe on the track, have a dealer note it so there are no questions when you decide to bring it in.

lmouhot 03-02-2015 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 70568

lmouhot 03-02-2015 06:21 PM

Sorry Brian still getting tech savvy. There are on teeth messed up on track on top or bottom

lmouhot 03-02-2015 06:41 PM

No teeth messed up