Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Legacy (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f237/)
-   -   Legacy mods and improvements (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f237/legacy-mods-and-improvements-75759.html)

psw757 02-20-2015 07:54 AM

Legacy mods and improvements

4 Attachment(s)
thought I would start a thread where we could show mods and improvements to our coaches.

I'll start with the Aluminum wheels with tst 507 flow through tpms - works great and looks like a million bucks!

Forest River Mud Flap dresses up her rear end! LOL!

captnrick3 02-20-2015 10:54 AM

Beautiful rig. I am drooling over your wheels. Where did you get the Forest River rock guard. Does it help keep the tow cleaner?

captnrick3 02-20-2015 10:59 AM

Upgrades

My upgrades in the works are solar power (design almost done, panels should be available by April), satellite antenna. More to come as time permits.

psw757 02-20-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captnrick3 (Post 788257)
Beautiful rig. I am drooling over your wheels. Where did you get the Forest River rock guard. Does it help keep the tow cleaner?

Thanks. My little girls like looking at themselves in the wheels, like mirrors!

The rock guard I got from futuresalesrv online. Kind of pricey but it is heavy duty. Definitely minimizes debris and I have confidence it would prevent major damage from a large object like a truck tire blowout on the highway. Seems to reduce road spray on the back of coach and toad as well.

Some other things I have done are add storage shelving to def compartment, holds extra def jugs and wheel chocks. Added a 15 foot coil exterior shower hose, paper towel holder and soap dispenser to wet bay.

Added a nice polk audio sound bar and wireless sub to dinette area, what a difference. It has Bluetooth for music as well. Can really crank it up now! Lol!

Trying to think what else I've done..... It's endless but fun

PFurlow 02-20-2015 04:25 PM

Can u send pic of ur def bay improvements? I love the mud flap, looks great! We made improvements on the inside... A flip up shelf in the cabinet above the sink so we can brush our teeth easier! We also redid the shelves in the hall cabinet. Now the do not fall !

psw757 02-20-2015 05:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFurlow (Post 788509)
Can u send pic of ur def bay improvements? I love the mud flap, looks great! We made improvements on the inside... A flip up shelf in the cabinet above the sink so we can brush our teeth easier! We also redid the shelves in the hall cabinet. Now the do not fall !

here is a picture of the def shelf. just used some wire shelf I had, it is real secure. im going to add another on other side of tank as well when I get time.

here is a pic of the wet bay changes as well.

I also added led awning lights to the coach which look nice as well.

Im waiting for someone to come up with a easier more functional way to access the storage under dinette and sofa.

Keep the ideas and changes coming!

dndnva 02-20-2015 08:32 PM

psw, are those Phoenix Sims? Also, did you install the rock guard yourself and if so, how difficult was it?
Ironically, I called my dealer yesterday and asked them to call FR and ask about having this rock guard installed on my coach. It is being built now so I was hoping they would install it before it's sent from the factory.

psw757 02-20-2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dndnva (Post 788668)
psw, are those Phoenix Sims? Also, did you install the rock guard yourself and if so, how difficult was it?
Ironically, I called my dealer yesterday and asked them to call FR and ask about having this rock guard installed on my coach. It is being built now so I was hoping they would install it before it's sent from the factory.

The wheels are Alcoa polished aluminum wheels. Got rid of the junk simulators.

I installed the rock guard myself. It wasn't difficult just a bit of trial and error initially to get the correct size rings and amount of chain to hang and have around 5-5.5 inches clearance off road when suspension is aired up.

dndnva 02-21-2015 10:21 AM

Is the hose a SeaTech 15'? Looks like you also created something to hang the spray nozzle on or is that the one that came with it?
Can't wait to get mine and start all these mod projects!! It's killing me waiting!

psw757 02-21-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dndnva (Post 788911)
Is the hose a SeaTech 15'? Looks like you also created something to hang the spray nozzle on or is that the one that came with it?
Can't wait to get mine and start all these mod projects!! It's killing me waiting!

Correct, seatech 15 foot from freshwater systems.com. They had a 25 foot as well. Much much better than the shower hose. Can really get it out from under the slide now. I didn't want to drill any holes in the fiberglass paneling because the tanks are pretty close on other side so I wrapped the handle of sprayer with some industrial Velcro and stuck it up high out of the way, holds it real nice.

It is fun customizing everything, addicting and expensive!