Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   FR3 (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f232/)
-   -   Air for tires (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f232/air-for-tires-76494.html)

progolfer 03-04-2015 12:09 PM

Air for tires

How do you put air in the inside back tires on the FR3 DS30? I have never had a vehicle with dual tires in the back.

TURBS 03-04-2015 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
With one of these.

TURBS 03-04-2015 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the locking one.

drivmsafe 03-04-2015 12:15 PM

There should be extensions for the inside tires already installed from the factory. If not, you might want to check with your dealer or contact Forest River directly to have them put on.

welder 03-04-2015 04:02 PM

What psi do you put in your tires?

Ford Idaho 03-04-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welder (Post 798090)
What psi do you put in your tires?

Whatever it says on the sidewall of the tire.

GerryW 03-04-2015 04:18 PM

My 2300 came with 75psi in front and steering felt a bit "antsy". Weighed unit and referred to tire mfgr website for tire specs. For actual weight on tire, proper psi was 55! i put in 60 and steering control felt much better. Overinflation puts less rubber on road. I still have about 1000lbs of carrying capacity but if anything changes i will change pressures accordingly. It costs $10.50 to weigh vehicle and have peace of mind.

Ford Idaho 03-04-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GerryW (Post 798107)
My 2300 came with 75psi in front and steering felt a bit "antsy". Weighed unit and referred to tire mfgr website for tire specs. For actual weight on tire, proper psi was 55! i put in 60 and steering control felt much better. Overinflation puts less rubber on road. I still have about 1000lbs of carrying capacity but if anything changes i will change pressures accordingly. It costs $10.50 to weigh vehicle and have peace of mind.

Underinflating tires has a tendency to over heat them.

Quote:

Driving on under-inflated tires is dangerous. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, almost 1/3 of passenger cars, light trucks and SUVs are being driven with at least one under-inflated tire.
Under-inflation is one of the leading causes of tire failure. If tire pressure is too low, too much of the tireís surface area touches the road, which increases friction. Increased friction can cause the tires to overheat, which can lead to premature wear, tread separation and blowouts.
Blowouts can put the driver of the vehicle with the damaged tire as well as other drivers in harmís way. A blowout could cause the driver to lose control of his vehicle and crash. Depending on the severity of the blowout, other drivers might swerve to avoid pieces of flying debris from the blown tire and crash their vehicles

Dangers of Driving on Under-Inflated Tires - Bailey & Greer

donanddona 03-04-2015 04:27 PM

Took my half ton Tundra to 7-11 for airing the tires. I pull the max load so when skipping around town and the 5r is parked I lower the air pressure to the standard 30psi. Today I went to the 7-11 to air them truck tires back to towing pressure 80psi as noted on the tires. At 3mins per $1.00 and close to an hour, dumping $12.00 worth of coins in that little motor. I was sweating and I think the little air compressor that could was sweating toooo....

ependydad 03-04-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBS (Post 797873)
I like the locking one.

Sigh, stupid human move -- is the "locking" portion of that because it is threaded? Looking at the picture and thinking about mine...