Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Tires & Frames (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Constancy tyres (tires) (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f219/constancy-tyres-tires-77061.html)

dsjohns71 03-13-2015 05:29 PM

Constancy tyres (tires)

Has anyone heard of these? Are they any good or are they the crappy China bomb tires everyone is getting rid of as quickly as possible? I have googled them and there is very little to no info on them.. My tires are st225/75/15 and they are "d" load rated.. Please let me if these are crap and I need to replace soon or if they'll do for a while.. These came on my new heritage glen TT.

Thanks,
Doug

Blackhat6mike 03-13-2015 05:32 PM

Sorry, never heard of them. Tire companies come and go each time one gets a bad name or are bought out by some other Co.

Flybob 03-13-2015 05:40 PM

My TT came equipped with these. I plan to run them about a year and a half then replace them. I run TMPS sensors and check them at every stop. FR must work very hard to find these manufacturers.

dsjohns71 03-13-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybob (Post 805295)
My TT came equipped with these. I plan to run them about a year and a half then replace them. I run TMPS sensors and check them at every stop. FR must work very hard to find these manufacturers.

That's kinda what I was thinking.. Just hope they hold up till then. And you're right FR must work very hard to find the cheapest tires they can.

Coachmanjk 03-14-2015 02:48 PM

My new Coachmen just came with these. I was going to have them balanced and run them for this season and then switch them out.

DreiHunde 03-14-2015 02:57 PM

They are on my camper and no issues (took delivery in May last year). Also have a set on an enclosed trailer that gets quire of bit of local travel that are 3 years old.

geotex1 03-14-2015 03:15 PM

They are as Chinese of a tire as can be. They are just another of the several dozen brands Weifang Yuelong Rubber/Shandong Yuelong Tyre/Qingdao Rubber (all same company) in Shandong pumps out in their LY188 design. If I recall correctly, if you order 3,000 pieces in the same size they'll slap any name you want on them! The same LY188s are regularly seen as Triangle, DoubleStar, DoubleKing, and Shineroad brands.

vinmaker 03-14-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geotex1 (Post 806066)
They are as Chinese of a tire as can be. They are just another of the several dozen brands Weifang Yuelong Rubber/Shandong Yuelong Tyre/Qingdao Rubber (all same company) in Shandong pumps out in their LY188 design. If I recall correctly, if you order 3,000 pieces in the same size they'll slap any name you want on them! The same LY188s are regularly seen as Triangle, DoubleStar, DoubleKing, and Shineroad brands.

I am sure that FR buys a lot more than 3,000. Sure makes it hard to figure anything out about them. But I am sure that is the whole freaking point.

DiverDennis 05-21-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsjohns71 (Post 805281)
Has anyone heard of these? Are they any good or are they the crappy China bomb tires everyone is getting rid of as quickly as possible? I have googled them and there is very little to no info on them.. My tires are st225/75/15 and they are "d" load rated.. Please let me if these are crap and I need to replace soon or if they'll do for a while.. These came on my new heritage glen TT.

Thanks,
Doug

I have the same ones that you do. Gonna keep an eye on 'em. :cool:

Gyrogearloose 09-06-2015 09:46 PM

Just got back from our first long road trip in Colorado. After going over Monarch Pass, we pulled into a gas station in Buena Vista and a woman pointed out that a tire on our trailer had shredded. I hadn't felt it. The tire was a Constancy LY188 with less than 1000 miles on it. I checked pressure before we started out this morning and it was very close to 50lbs. There were no obvious events that should have caused this.