Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Rockwood (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Rear Safety Wireless Camera with Furrion Mount (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f34/rear-safety-wireless-camera-with-furrion-mount-79157.html)

CLewis 04-09-2015 11:18 AM

Rear Safety Wireless Camera with Furrion Mount
 
Looking to purchase a Rear Safety Wireless Camera model RVS-W-CAM for our 2015 Windjammer. The RV came wired and has the Furrion mount installed. Has anyone used another camera with the Furrion mount?? Looks like the Rear Safety Wireless Camera has good reviews and excellent customer service. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hbillsmith 04-09-2015 02:01 PM

The mount is just a small cheap plastic thing. Look into getting the mount that matches the camera you buy. Then remove the Furrion mount and just reuse the wiring. My 2cents.

CLewis 04-09-2015 02:24 PM

That's exactly what my husband said. Thanks

Limey 04-09-2015 11:48 PM

I agree, buy another brand, don't buy Furrion, I did & it would never work & Furrion would never respond to e-mails or phone calls (u have to leave a msg) it's going back. :signhavefun:
Quote:

Originally Posted by hbillsmith (Post 830879)
The mount is just a small cheap plastic thing. Look into getting the mount that matches the camera you buy. Then remove the Furrion mount and just reuse the wiring. My 2cents.


CLewis 04-10-2015 06:36 AM

We bought a Rear Safety wireless camera. Customer service seems to be really good plus they have alot of good reviews

Limey 04-10-2015 06:59 AM

Furrion or another brand ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLewis (Post 831389)
We bought a Rear Safety wireless camera. Customer service seems to be really good plus they have alot of good reviews


CLewis 04-10-2015 07:03 AM

It's called Rear Safety.

Scootdawg 04-10-2015 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLewis (Post 830708)
Looking to purchase a Rear Safety Wireless Camera model RVS-W-CAM for our 2015 Windjammer. The RV came wired and has the Furrion mount installed. Has anyone used another camera with the Furrion mount?? Looks like the Rear Safety Wireless Camera has good reviews and excellent customer service. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Is this the mount that you are talking about? I was looking at it the other day, and wondering if it was for a rear camera and what type.

CLewis 04-10-2015 11:07 AM

Yes that's exactly what I am talking about. It is pre-wired for a camera. It's wired into the running lights. That's the Furrion camera mount. You just remove it and hook up your camera to the wires. I'm not going with the Furrion camera because they don't seem to have good reviews. Check out Rear Safety wireless camera. They guarantee 70 ft no interference

Scootdawg 04-10-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLewis (Post 831559)
Yes that's exactly what I am talking about. It is pre-wired for a camera. It's wired into the running lights. That's the Furrion camera mount. You just remove it and hook up your camera to the wires. I'm not going with the Furrion camera because they don't seem to have good reviews. Check out Rear Safety wireless camera. They guarantee 70 ft no interference

Thank you! I was looking at getting a camera within the next few weeks. I will be checking out Rear Safety. :trink39:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.