Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   2nd ac unit in bedroom (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/2nd-ac-unit-in-bedroom-80840.html)

Joe O 04-29-2015 08:03 PM

2nd ac unit in bedroom

We're purchasing a new Silverback 33IK and I was wondering if the 2nd A/C unit in the bedroom is worth it as we will likely be spending a couple of months in the winter in Florid or Arizona and spending some time in SW Ontario during hot summer months.

Would the Create A Breeze fan in the bedroom suffice?

Allzright 04-29-2015 08:12 PM

We stay in the Casa Grande area during the winter. March is the only time we have used a/c. And then only in the afternoon. Nights in the desert cool quickly so shouldn't need in the bedroom.

1l243 04-30-2015 03:09 AM

The probelm is when you really need two AC's a fan just won't cut it.. if your prewired for a AC in the bedroom I would say do it. If your not prewired then I would do a fantastic fan....

Witch Doctor 04-30-2015 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe O (Post 850163)
We're purchasing a new Silverback 33IK and I was wondering if the 2nd A/C unit in the bedroom is worth it as we will likely be spending a couple of months in the winter in Florid or Arizona and spending some time in SW Ontario during hot summer months.

Would the Create A Breeze fan in the bedroom suffice?

I would op for the second A/C you never know when you might need it, more then likely down the line at sometime you will be kicking yourself for not doing it. The biggest complaint ever with RV'S is that the A/C's are undersized. It would probably help increase the value and saleability down the road if you ever do it...

OKI Marine 04-30-2015 06:11 AM

We went with the 2nd AC after we roasted while at the beach the 1st year. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again

Pitcrew18 04-30-2015 07:55 AM

I have gone both routes and believe me I would never go with a single unit again. One time in a hot summer day and you would be regretting your decision not to get the second unit.

iceblaze580 04-30-2015 07:58 AM

It's worth the money to get the 2 a/c installed

dcheatwood 04-30-2015 08:28 AM

You'll never regret having it. You will regret not having it if you travel south of Tenn, ga, mo, etc.

Oakman 04-30-2015 08:39 AM

As the others have said, go for the 2nd air. If nothing else it will make it easier to sell when you buy a new fifth wheel.

BTW, welcome to the Forest River Forums. Don't forget to join FROG at this website.
FROG - Forest River Owners Group
Membership is free and the latest newsletter was quite interesting.

Steven379 04-30-2015 12:27 PM

I agree with the others in that you won't regret having it but you may regret not having it at some point. It also serves as a backup. Our last trip the main unit kept tripping the breaker so we just used the second unit and point a fan out of the bedroom.