Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Roo | Shamrock (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   Oxygenic Shower head upgrade (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f46/oxygenic-shower-head-upgrade-82582.html)

BMFLYFISH 05-19-2015 10:27 PM

Oxygenic Shower head upgrade
 
To those that have upgraded in the 23IKSS, what have you done about mounting the new shower head mount. There is not anything for the new or old screws to bite into for support. I put a 4 or 5 inch screw hoping I would hit the backside of the rear bed TV mount. That did not happen and I just think the mount is just going to be falling off the shower wall very soon with the weight of the shower head. Love to hear some feedback.

Thanks
Brian

rana 05-19-2015 10:45 PM

Maybe mount the shower head mount to a 1/4" or 3/8" thick hdpe material then mount it to the shower wall with something like 3m 5200 marine or similar. You could get creative and shape the hdpe into something more pleasant than a plain ol block. Caulk around the edges for a more '"finished" look.

Just the first idea that popped in...

DK-in-SC 05-19-2015 11:45 PM

Our new shower head fit right into the old factory installed shower head bracket so I never installed the one that came with the new head.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

wicked1 05-20-2015 08:33 AM

Does the stock shower work better if you take the regulators out of the assembly


2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

BMFLYFISH 05-20-2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarome (Post 868811)
Maybe mount the shower head mount to a 1/4" or 3/8" thick hdpe material then mount it to the shower wall with something like 3m 5200 marine or similar. You could get creative and shape the hdpe into something more pleasant than a plain ol block. Caulk around the edges for a more '"finished" look.

Just the first idea that popped in...

This might be a great option. The original shower head location is not a bad location considering the size of the shower and the new shower head mount is adjustable. Also the original screw holes were already drilled, so I only had to generate one new hole. With your recommendation of the adhesive, I am assuming you have use it and I do not want any plastic to melt, get soft, etc. Do you think this adhesive would be to strong just to glue the new mount to the plastic wall?

Semperfi24 05-20-2015 10:10 AM

I just upgraded to an oxygenics this past week. For us, the new shower head didnt fit in the old mount. So I took the old mount off, applied several strips of double sided tape to the new mount. I was able to use one screw hole from the previous mount plus the double sided tape and it seems to really work well in tandem. Now I aqm not relying on the screw only, or the tape only, but they both help support each other.

BMFLYFISH 05-20-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DK-in-SC (Post 868841)
Our new shower head fit right into the old factory installed shower head bracket so I never installed the one that came with the new head.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

I am really considering using your pop riveting as inspiration. I tried to keep the original mount but it was a very loose fit with the new shower head and I could automatically tell that the shower head would not be staying in original bracket during travel. When I unscrewed the original mount off, I am really surprised that it had stayed up for as long as it had. It was just two screws that were not even tight, could not be tightened up since they were just screwed in to paneling.

BMFLYFISH 05-20-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semperfi24 (Post 869116)
I just upgraded to an oxygenics this past week. For us, the new shower head didnt fit in the old mount. So I took the old mount off, applied several strips of double sided tape to the new mount. I was able to use one screw hole from the previous mount plus the double sided tape and it seems to really work well in tandem. Now I aqm not relying on the screw only, or the tape only, but they both help support each other.

I did something as similar as you, but I used this stuff that I call "caulking tape". It is a strip of caulk like stuff that I used on the old PUP. The stuff is awesome. I used a strip of that to cover the holes and to provide a moisture barrier, and to stick the new shower head mount onto like tape. I was able to use the original hole like you did and drilled a new hole. I also used the much longer screws that came with the shower head. It's definitely a lot better but I do not have have high expectations for the long term.

bikendan 05-20-2015 11:20 AM

We installed our Oxy with no changes and it fit in the oem holder.

Tdbrn 05-20-2015 12:06 PM

I too did not use the new mount that came with the unit, and the Oxy head is longer, or taller in this case, it works better in the shower since both my wife and I are tall people!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.