Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Appliances and Electronics (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   Dometic Refrigerator Light (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f113/dometic-refrigerator-light-84905.html)

aceinspp 06-15-2015 08:17 AM

Dometic Refrigerator Light

Anybody know how to change out the ridiculous blue light in the new Refrigs. Can not see anything with this set up and makes food look black.:eek: Later RJD

camping baba 06-15-2015 03:19 PM

I had called Dometic about the blue light and was told they would not replace it for free but would sell me a white light . The model that I have is DMR 702 . The replacement part # is 4450010552 . The cost is $ 16.30 . Phone # 1-574-294-2511 . I have yet to replace mine but if you order one they should be able to tell how to install the new one .

aceinspp 06-15-2015 04:56 PM

Thanks for the info Baba. I will check into this but I think it's kind of cheap of them not to replace it free as mine is a brand new unit. I may wait till I attend the Frog event at Goshen, IN in Aug as I understand they will be there. I have also turned this in on my repair items that need attention when we attend the meet. Later RJD:trink39:

DaveSchwartz 06-15-2015 07:40 PM

Must be new that they are now charging for the replacement. Last summer, they shipped mine to Canada for free. The phone rep said they had received a memo to send free at that time. Just don't know what some engineer was thinking with the blue lights!

Black 06-15-2015 07:53 PM

We didn't like ours at first either, but after a while, we got use to it and is ok now.
Give yourself some time...you'll get use to it.
Besides, 16+$ seems pretty high for a simple light bulb !

camping baba 06-15-2015 08:08 PM

Let us know how you make out at Goshen. .

DaveSchwartz 06-16-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black (Post 894542)
We didn't like ours at first either, but after a while, we got use to it and is ok now.
Give yourself some time...you'll get use to it.
Besides, 16+$ seems pretty high for a simple light bulb !

Its not just a light bulb... its a circuit board with 6 LEDs, some dropping resistors and connectors.

Because its LED, its monochromatic blue light and things that don't have any blue reflectance, like red meat, will look black - a truly ghastly effect.

The LEDs are made by Cree and you can get a completely pin-compatible part in white as well (white LEDs are really UV with a phosphor). I was going to go this way until someone told me that Dometic was sending free replacements.

aceinspp 06-17-2015 01:32 PM

Are they still sending free replacements? Later RJD

aceinspp 06-17-2015 03:23 PM

Well I called them today. Short story, it is being replaced N/C. BTW the part # given here appears to be wrong. Later RJD:trink39:

lakejumper 07-04-2015 11:10 AM

I ordered the replacement light from Dometic but can't figure out how to get the plastic cover off to replace the bulb. I feel like I'm going to break it when I try to pull it off. Is there a trick to removing it?