Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Berkshire (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f112/)
-   -   Our big Summer trip! (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f112/our-big-summer-trip-85085.html)

TaterColo 06-16-2015 08:41 PM

Our big Summer trip!

1 Attachment(s)
Heading out this Thursday. Yellowstone, Glacier NP, Portland, Bend (I'll have to visit a brewery there!) then wind back to Denver. 10 days most likely. Me, my wife, my 15 year old daughter and my 11 year old daughter plus 2 female dogs. Wish me luck! 😀

Attachment 80210

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Ford Idaho 06-16-2015 08:44 PM

Best advice I can give based on personal experience, make real sure there is plenty of hot water.

:signgoodluck:

Mmnsc 06-16-2015 08:58 PM

Are you saying you are doing this whole trip in 10 days? 2 years ago we spent 10 days alone in Yellowstone and last summer 6 days in Glacier. There is so much to do in both these parks alone, rushing through will mean you really missed a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

TaterColo 06-16-2015 09:57 PM

Yes. Lol! We are on the move! We've been to Yellowstone before but my 11 YO has not seen it. Thought we'd run by Glacier NP. At least drive the road to the sun (in our toad). My 15 YO really wants to see Portland and Leavenworth. 3400 miles later we will be home.

Hey-I'm just the driver....😊

Todd.

TaterColo 06-16-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Idaho (Post 895840)
Best advice I can give based on personal experience, make real sure there is plenty of hot water.

:signgoodluck:

I guess I won't be taking any showers!

ernest917 06-16-2015 10:04 PM

How are you going to do all that in just 10 days??? Sounds like the Griswold's trip to the Grand Canyon....

We will be doing the Tetons and Yellowstone plus Mt Rushmore and much, much more beginning July 2 but we are taking two months to "get er done"....

dj3spots 06-16-2015 10:06 PM

Our big Summer trip!

As my DH would say, "too much estrogen in that car for me to go along.". I don't think you're giving yourself enough time. You have fun and stay safe!

TaterColo 06-16-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj3spots (Post 895970)
As my DH would say, "too much estrogen in that car for me to go along.". I don't think you're giving yourself enough time. You have fun and stay safe!

This trip is dynamic. What I mean by that is we made 1 camping reservation - for Yellowstone. The rest of the trip we will let the wind carry us to the next stop. It might be a campground or Walmart or a truck stop. We did this years ago with our camper trailer to Oregon. It was one of the best trips we'd had. No hurry to the next campground reservation. Of course the map I sent was our intended trip but things could change. We will play it by ear.

scootingranny 06-16-2015 10:19 PM

Sounds like a fun and challenging trip. My son and his girlfriend went on a year long rv trip through numerous states and for part of that trip, his girlfriend's sister went. And they had two female pups (with fantastic rv personalities). He has some stories that would make you laugh, some that would curl your hair and some that would make you cry. All in all, the trip of a lifetime. Enjoy and please let us know how it goes. Know you will be too busy to do a daily report or blog but please take notes. Would love to hear your story.

EJM4 06-17-2015 11:23 AM

Sounds like a great trip. Some posters forget that not all of us Berkshire owners are retired or full time - LOL

We have three kids and do these all the time. I call them kamikaze trips.

Looking forward to the updates and photos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaterColo (Post 895962)
Yes. Lol! We are on the move! We've been to Yellowstone before but my 11 YO has not seen it. Thought we'd run by Glacier NP. At least drive the road to the sun (in our toad). My 15 YO really wants to see Portland and Leavenworth. 3400 miles later we will be home.

Hey-I'm just the driver....😊

Todd.