Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Travel Trailer & Fifth Wheel Discussion (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   "More" Andersen Leveler? (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f5/more-andersen-leveler-91045.html)

fella10 08-26-2015 08:36 AM

"More" Andersen Leveler?

Been interested in the Andersen Leveler since I first saw it almost two years ago on a single axle Casita. At that time I was using and very satisfied with the BAL Leveler on our Casita, but that was then and now we have a Micro Lite 25KS. Have read many of the posts here about the A-L, most from last year, and have just made an order for two. I do understand I'll need to cut it to make it fit between my tires. .....My question is, has anyone been disappointed with the Andersen Leveler after the newness has rubbed off and you're using it in a real world application, or are you still happy with it? Has it ever failed to be satisfactory in any way? Have read somewhere that it tends to slide on hard pavement. Has anyone discarded it and gone back to their previous method of leveling or even something newer? I'm anxious to give them a try, but I do know sometimes things don't always turn out to be as good as advertised.

EastlakeRoo 08-26-2015 08:46 AM

I purchased 2 sets of the levelers and used them 3x already. No complaints and makes leveling a breeze. I've read some posts where owners just pull their trailer directly off the levelers causing them to break or shatter when leaving. With this in mind, I pull slighlight forward just enough to remove the small chalk and then back off the levels the way I pulled the trailer on them. This way I know they won't shatter or break.

Besides that process I love them. No more guessing if I need 2, 3 or 4 BAL Leveler blocks to level the trailer. Wish these were invented 10 years ago...

You will be happy... Hope this helps..

jawga 08-26-2015 07:17 PM

X2 on liking the levelers, i tried driving straight off but only did that once. I also now just pull forward a little to remove the stop and then backing iff them, it so easy leveling

DaveandSue 08-26-2015 07:23 PM

Another vote for them.:trink39: 10,000# 5er and no problems at all.I always back on them and use the chock.When we break camp,I back up and remove chock and then drive forward,pull them out and finish tear down and packing.

doc73 08-26-2015 07:26 PM

Still love ours... Sometimes I think the chock part does not do as well as a chock but over all I am loving them. I did jot have to cut mine to fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

R3Jones 08-26-2015 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like them as well. I've used them on a sloped paver driveway and there is no hint of them wanting to slide. Attachment 87014

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL

fella10 08-26-2015 09:31 PM

EastlakeRoo, jawga, DaveandSue, doc73, R3Jones,

thank you all for your comments,.....now I'm even more anxious to give them a try,......delivery will be some time next week,......I'm always looking for ways to make our trailering time more enjoyable and trouble free, and it looks like the Andersen Leveler will not be a disappointment, ....again, thanks to you all for your reply's ................

doc73 08-26-2015 09:36 PM

No, NOT a disappointment! I removed all the stepper boards I had made for the trailer and used prior... No much easier now!

Super Thirty 08-26-2015 11:26 PM

How do they work on soft ground or gravel?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

doc73 08-26-2015 11:29 PM

They worked well for me, they are pretty wide and flat so act like a snow show. NOt sure about soft as in sand... But dirt and gravel they were fine.