Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   A Frame Campers (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   Hot Water Heater (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f221/hot-water-heater-93225.html)

chuck9997 09-24-2015 09:06 AM

Hot Water Heater

I am unable to get to my a122s, right now. .. so maybe someone can answer. I bought this 2014 model a few weeks ago and have not even hooked up water to it yet. Not sure I will use the water heater or water system much. I bought this to simplify my camping. Really just wanted AC and off the ground camping. Anyway.. is the water heater, in the a122s, gas, electric, or both? Thanks.

spellcast1 09-24-2015 09:20 AM

only gas , after the system is filled with water turn water pump switch on , then bleed air out . There is another switch to turn on the hot water heater which is self igniting after you turn on the gas supply ,it is very efficient and doesn't consume much after it heats up .We always fire it up as it is nice to wash your hands and face with hot water .

spellcast1 09-24-2015 09:23 AM

if you use city water don't turn on the water pump ,

TURBS 09-24-2015 09:47 AM

Bleed air out of the system "ONLY" at the water heater pressure relief valve.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "27 nights"

DaveSchwartz 09-24-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBS (Post 992559)
Bleed air out of the system "ONLY" at the water heater pressure relief valve.

Please explain. Why would the air care which hole it exits the top of the tank through?

Toddupton 09-24-2015 10:21 AM

To be sure water is really in the tank and not on bypass

DaveSchwartz 09-24-2015 11:14 AM

Not on bypass, sure but if I open the hot on a tap and have to wait while 6 gallons of air blow out, I'm already pretty sure of that even if I don't remember which way I last left the valves. Was just wondering at the "ONLY" injunction. I've actually done it both ways and there's never been a difference.

OldCoot 09-24-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveSchwartz (Post 992643)
Not on bypass, sure but if I open the hot on a tap and have to wait while 6 gallons of air blow out, I'm already pretty sure of that even if I don't remember which way I last left the valves. Was just wondering at the "ONLY" injunction. I've actually done it both ways and there's never been a difference.

Just makes sure the tank is full, but it really makes no difference whether you use the pressure relief valve at the tank or the hot water faucets. End result is the same.

DaveSchwartz 09-24-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoot (Post 992668)
Just makes sure the tank is full, but it really makes no difference whether you use the pressure relief valve at the tank or the hot water faucets. End result is the same.

I think when I was picking up my 5er and the topic of winterizing came up, the tech was aghast that I used my pressure relief valve this way... said I'd weaken the spring over time and end up with drooling water heater syndrome. Even when the valve operates under normal conditions, the spring is deformed only the tiniest little bit, not like when you yank it open to the stop.

OldCoot 09-24-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveSchwartz (Post 992696)
I think when I was picking up my 5er and the topic of winterizing came up, the tech was aghast that I used my pressure relief valve this way... said I'd weaken the spring over time and end up with drooling water heater syndrome. Even when the valve operates under normal conditions, the spring is deformed only the tiniest little bit, not like when you yank it open to the stop.

Your tech was blowing smoke. You should have ask him if he knew the cycle life of the spring. I bet it is more than 52 cycles/year/10 yrs.:roflblack: