Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Cedar Creek (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   Sanitize fresh water tank (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f23/sanitize-fresh-water-tank-93350.html)

kinzoo 09-26-2015 07:42 AM

Sanitize fresh water tank

38 CKTS

How do you add sanitizing fluid to fresh water tank?
All I have on my 38CKTS is a lever to switch from City water to the Fresh water tank.
There is no opening to pour the sanitizing fluid into.

PhoneDude 8289 09-26-2015 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinzoo (Post 994151)
38 CKTS

All I have on my 38CKTS is a lever to switch from City water to the Fresh water tank.

You would pour it in at the same inlet you use to fill the fresh water tank.

bubbles 09-26-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinzoo (Post 994151)
38 CKTS

Pour it in the hose and preselect fresh water tank and fill the tank.

CNYCamper 09-26-2015 09:08 AM

Down the sink drain?

Ford Idaho 09-26-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles (Post 994190)
Pour it in the hose and preselect fresh water tank.

Yes.

Bypass the water heater.

1/4 cup of bleach per 15 gallons of water, let it sit over night and then use the water pump to flush the faucets in and outside.

Be sure to run some out of the low point drains.

After the tank runs empty flush with clean water until you can not smell the bleach anymore, again run the fresh water out low point drains.

CNYCamper 09-26-2015 09:17 AM

Re. my post #4, I was thinking gray water tank, not fresh water. Sorry.

Cleon 09-26-2015 11:56 AM

you may want to consider using pool grade chlorine instead of bleach. not so critical to rinse as thoroughly then if bleach is/was used. worst case scenario, first bit of water is high in chlorine content no different than a pool. whereas ingesting bleach could mean a trip to emerg. IMO.

Grampa Jim 09-26-2015 12:21 PM

Bleach won't hurt you if you flush it out thoroughly. That's what I used in Colorado last summer for our well water sanitizing when I was park hosting for the U.S. Forestry Service,,,,,,it was a directive from the Stat of Colorado AND the U. S. Forestry Service.

Ford Idaho 09-26-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleon (Post 994364)
you may want to consider using pool grade chlorine instead of bleach. not so critical to rinse as thoroughly then if bleach is/was used. worst case scenario, first bit of water is high in chlorine content no different than a pool. whereas ingesting bleach could mean a trip to emerg. IMO.

There are commercially manufactured alternatives to bleach available at Walmart and any RV dealer with a parts department.

As posted above if you flush with clean water until the smell goes away there is nothing to worry about.

SilverbackMel 09-28-2015 07:24 AM

Camco has a small, EZ store, plastic bottle of conditioner. Available at CW.