Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Berkshire (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f112/)
-   -   Berkshire Awning Remote (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f112/berkshire-awning-remote-94891.html)

fredhardy 10-19-2015 11:52 PM

Berkshire Awning Remote

Hello all,

After reading about and learning the systems on our new to us 2014 Berkshire 390BH-60, I've only got one system that has me stumped - the awning remote. The awning works as advertised (in & out) but I haven't got a chance to test the sensitivity control in low, med, or high retract. My issue is that I have the remote and I can't seem to set it to work. Is there a switch that needs to be turned on or near the awning motor, or is there a start procedure I need to follow. I read in another FR section to push the start button , wait 3-5 seconds, and then push the in or out button. I followed this process and got nothing. Battery lights up the indicator, so I believe the battery is good.

Any advisements? Not a crisis, but I like stuff to work.

Fred Hardy

dogsgocamping 10-20-2015 01:41 AM

Battery?

5456Mich 10-20-2015 05:38 AM

Fred I believe the switch setting for that is not by the remote but as you walk in the door on the right side where all the switches are there is one cluster there for the awning with these settings.

CAT-RN 10-20-2015 06:52 AM

Berkshire Awning Remote

Stored my remote someplace ?? Use it one time to show my son in law I had something he didn't. (Family thing). Not really sure why I would ever need a remote for the awning. The motion control switch should be right inside door with all the other switches. Salesman, lights etc.

Russell

5456Mich 10-20-2015 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAT-RN (Post 1014492)
Stored my remote someplace ?? Use it one time to show my son in law I had something he didn't. (Family thing). Not really sure why I would ever need a remote for the awning. The motion control switch should be right inside door with all the other switches. Salesman, lights etc.

Russell

Russel looks like your son in law may be suspicious. He may have it and you don't. ( family thing ) lol

CAT-RN 10-20-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5456Mich (Post 1014498)
Russel looks like your son in law may be suspicious. He may have it and you don't. ( family thing ) lol

For sure things like are prone to happen around our family !!!

Russell

fredhardy 10-20-2015 10:16 AM

I'll check the battery today. I probably wont use the remote, but heck, I'd like to see it working................

silver 10-20-2015 05:35 PM

Does your remote have the pull up antenna? If yes the battery only last a year in that type. The one without the antenna seams to last several years. I have the antenna and my buddy does not. Special 12V battery. PIA.

fredhardy 10-20-2015 09:08 PM

Silver - the remote does have the pull out antenna. It's around 2 years old now, so replacement seems to be in order. Thanks.

Campin Cajun 10-20-2015 09:45 PM

I didn't even realize you could set the wind sensor from the remote. Like others, I used it once to see it work, now it resides in my sock drawer in my S&B house.