Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Rockwood (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   swap positions of sofa and recliners (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f34/swap-positions-of-sofa-and-recliners-94920.html)

8288WS 10-20-2015 11:58 AM

swap positions of sofa and recliners

1 Attachment(s)
We have a 2013 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 5'er. Model 8288ws. Has anyone tried relocating the recliners to where the sofa is? Also wondering if this arrangement could then stay in place during travel? The sofa and dinette are together on a slide-out across from the TV. The recliners sit at the rear facing forward resulting in TV viewing from an awkward angle.

Attachment 92302

5er_tom 10-20-2015 02:50 PM

Measure it first. We wanted to do that with our Rockwood 8289, but the slides would not clear the sofa if it was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

8288WS 10-20-2015 03:49 PM

Yes I will do some measuring first.....and I think you might be right. The unit is in storage and not handy so this was just my first thought on the idea of moving stuff around. Otherwise, we intend on staying put for several months this winter so could always do the swap after setting up then move them back for travel. Thanks for feedback.

RodeoGeorge 10-20-2015 04:02 PM

I have a 8289, and replaced the recliners with a second sofa.

I bought a sofa at Shop4Seats.com that fit in that space, and cleared the slide outs.

I now have 2 sofas. One for the dogs, and one for us.

RodeoGeorge

8288WS 10-21-2015 11:49 AM

Thanks for your input. Another idea to consider.:thumbsup:

ValMelton 10-21-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8288WS (Post 1014811)
We have a 2013 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 5'er. Model 8288ws. Has anyone tried relocating the recliners to where the sofa is? Also wondering if this arrangement could then stay in place during travel? The sofa and dinette are together on a slide-out across from the TV. The recliners sit at the rear facing forward resulting in TV viewing from an awkward angle.

Attachment 92302

I noticed the end table with lamp between the recliners, is that movable or not? also where does the power cord for your camper (that hooks into the campground power) roll up at? in the campers that the power cord comes out of the rear If the unit and not the side of the unit, they usually roll up in those "end tables" in the middle of the chairs

8288WS 10-21-2015 11:21 PM

The end table does move. The power code plugs into the outside rear of the unit but is removed for travel and stored in a forward compartment. Therefore the back end is clear from side to side other than a small 9" wide built in tables on each side. I still haven't had to opportunity to do some measuring. Once I do that the outcome will be obvious. Thanks for feedback.

James Briar 10-22-2015 05:39 AM

Had friends with 8288. They switched them but had to switch back to transport. They were full timers and snow birds so they did not move often.