Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   FR3 (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f232/)
-   -   Towing a Jeep Wrangler Xlimited (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f232/towing-a-jeep-wrangler-xlimited-95215.html)

DaRealDeal77 10-25-2015 10:13 AM

Towing a Jeep Wrangler Xlimited

Does anyone with FR3 30DS tow a Jeep 4dr? If so, what is the gas mileage like? What was the cost for towing package? How does it handle? Do I need to have the special braking system installed? Thanks

Nelly

tinome 10-26-2015 09:05 AM

Black water tank

Good morning every one
Can some one explain how you proceed to flush your black and gray water tank on your FR3

drivmsafe 10-26-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinome (Post 1020119)
Good morning every one
Can some one explain how you proceed to flush your black and gray water tank on your FR3

You've got a few choices tinome. There is available at many RV outlets a clear back flush adapter connecting to the flush valve that uses your hose to back flush the tank. Works pretty good. There is also a wand that you put on the end or a hose and stick in the toilet that cleans the tank. Or, you can add a black tank flush. The newer FR3's come with one installed at the factory. Unfortunately, not older ones, like ours :(

gasman94 10-26-2015 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=DaRealDeal77 Do I need to have the special braking system installed? Thanks

Nelly[/QUOTE]

You will get differing opinions on this one, but most sources, and some state laws, say that you need these. I use one and agree with those sources. Your motorhome has a braking capacity designed to meet your coach's weight and carrying capacity. Adding additional weight prolongs the stopping distance and can make a big difference in an emergency stop.

Rich

TLAK 10-26-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Good morning every one

On the black tank, if you have the built in one from FR all you do is hook your water hose to the inlet labeled Black Water Flush and turn the water on, that's all you do. Make sure your drain is open so it doesn't overflow the tank.

The grey tank doesn't have a flush, I just fill it about 2/3 from the faucets and drain it.

Antone 10-26-2015 01:12 PM

DaRealDeal77, I flat tow a 2dr and I can't even tell it's back there, though I do not know the weight difference from a 4dr. Mileage also did not change noticeably. I live in CA, so the brake is required and worth the cost if you ask me. We'll be headed up to 7,500 feet this weekend, so I'll let you know how that goes including mileage which was not great without the toad on a previous trip to a similar elevation in different mountains.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler

TRAVELINBOB 10-27-2015 11:32 AM

I tow one with my 300ts concord and still get over 10mpg, most states require a braking system and if you had an accident god forbid, your insurance company will not be happy about paying.

Jmsx2 10-27-2015 11:46 AM

We tow my 2013 Jeep Rubicon behind our Georgetown. We average 6.8 to 7.3 going to Myrtle Beach from Pittsburgh Pa. My Rubicon has the lights set up to work while in tow along with the RVIBrake 2 system.

Works perfect and we have piece of mind knowing it's safe. Jeep tracks really well behind our Coach.

RSchleder 10-27-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Good morning every one

Just a suggestion! If you bring up your problem on someone else's thread it's typically viewed as "high jacking" that thread. It's always best to start a new thread if you have a separate problem/issue you need help with. It's your call of course, just wanted go give you a heads up.

conceptumator 10-27-2015 12:11 PM

We flat tow a Wrangler Unlimited. Use the Invisibrake and love it. Works great!