Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Hershey Park Campground Hefty Price Incease (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/hershey-park-campground-hefty-price-incease-96142.html)

KDHfan 11-10-2015 08:50 AM

Hershey Park Campground Hefty Price Incease

I was booking some 2016 trips this morning and went to the Hershey Park Campground site to book our annual, 7-day summer trip. Site fees were a little on the high side for the sites they offer, but ok, i get it. It's the "Sweetest Place On Earth," right?
That sweet taste in my mouth soured a bit as i found the 2016 fees.
Full hook-up sites during the week went up $19/night... to $89/night.
Weekend fees went up $24/night... to $99/night! :eek:
They have also now added a holiday rate... only $109/night.
Hershey Park is nice, but it ain't Disney.
For those who haven't been to the campground, these are tight pull-through sites. If you're not in the pull-through section, you will be on the hill, and/or next to an active train that runs every 45-minutes or so, all day, all night.

The story i heard last summer (from a campground employee) is that the previous owners (when it was Hershey Highmeadow Campground) sold to Hershey Corp. many years ago, with the stipulation that they continued to manage the campground until they decided to retire. From what i gather, that happened in late 2014/early 2015, and site fees went up slightly last year. So, this would be the first year Hershey Corp. had complete control over price increases.
We used to love this campground... clean, friendly, a little pricey, but still affordable. Now, i would recommend finding one of the other 3 or 4 nice campgrounds in the area at about half the price.

Eagles609 11-10-2015 10:11 AM

We also were taken back at the price increases for next year, if it wasn't for the free transport from CG I would camp somewhere else and visit the parks, but then they get you with a hefty parking fee. And you are 100% correct on tight pull thru sites

Jerry Dixon 11-11-2015 06:51 PM

Who in their right mind would pay $100 camping fee?

wana65stang 11-11-2015 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Dixon (Post 1033244)
Who in their right mind would pay $100 camping fee?

Guess somebody is or it wouldn't be open,;)

rockfordroo 11-11-2015 07:13 PM

As the economy has improved (somewhat), RV's are selling like hotcakes. All those people have to camp somewhere. Supply and demand. Charge what the market will bear.

Crusadernoob 11-11-2015 08:16 PM

I'll pay top dollar for Disney and then it's back to the $25 a night state parks.

Oaklevel 11-11-2015 08:24 PM

:eek: Wow you have state parks that are only $25 a night????????

:eek: & I thought Myrtle Beach Campgrounds were high in the mid $70 price range.

:signhavefun:

doc73 11-11-2015 08:40 PM

Seems like more and more campgrounds are getting to the $100 a day price. But the campgrounds are still the same old stuff they were when they were $35 a night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Terier 11-11-2015 10:35 PM

I'm noticing price increases in my area too which is bad enough. Aside from the higher holiday price they are also requiring a certain number of days stay with select dates during holidays too. For example: the day before holiday, day of holiday, and day after holiday.

asquared 11-12-2015 01:00 AM

I would skip right past theatres and stay at twin grove campground. Not the prettiest campground but it's got somewhat of a mountain view, a pool, rides (ie carousel), playground, minigolf, disc golf, and dog park for half that price. They are about 30 min from Hershey.