Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Sunseeker (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f18/)
-   -   Class C cockpit ideas (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f18/class-c-cockpit-ideas-97505.html)

shernandez 12-06-2015 05:39 PM

Class C cockpit ideas

The cockpit is just wasted space when parked, anybody have ideas to make better use of the space. Thought about the swivel seats, but don't think they will adapt to our 2940.

07 sunseeker 2940ds.
2012 Ford Fusion hybrid

poorbuthappy 12-06-2015 05:48 PM

I have a security camera with a wireless transmitter that connects to the tv, helps with always having a great view no matter the way you park, and a better view for the wife in the back to see what's coming up.

doesn't help with the space issue... I "seen" on the Internet a DIY hammock with some fabric and PVC is help up by the doors, thought it might be a cool idea for the boy when he gets a little bigger.

Hoglou 12-08-2015 06:14 PM

Made a portable console for between the seats (pics are in the album). Great place for my ham samich on the road and my yeti tumbler. Uses a hobby lobby basket underneath for electonics and papers.... tray top is removable to use the space for DW panasonic bread maker when parked.... the grandkids like the table top to play cards on, yet never used for my breakfest in bed :(

Overhead led light between the seats..

Folding table, one folding chair, and one folding footstool (with tabletop) behind drivers seat.

xm module, patriot brake, second rear camera screen plugged in the dash 12v..

And yes, Lulu'Bell the hawiain dancing doll on the dash.....

MNtraveler 12-10-2015 01:59 AM

Dog storage! (He loves to sit up there and look out.) Hang coats on the seat backs. Anything you want out of the way for a while you can put on the cab floor.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R

Garrette 12-10-2015 07:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A coat rack. DW thought of this. We leave it in place while driving. Expandable curtain rod. Great for hanging coats or anything else.
Attachment 95881Attachment 95882

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

rvrobocop 12-10-2015 12:17 PM

My ice maker fits perfectly in between the seats and is totally out of the way the entire stay. Make ice right from there.

papakilo 12-10-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shernandez (Post 1051360)
The cockpit is just wasted space when parked, anybody have ideas to make better use of the space. Thought about the swivel seats, but don't think they will adapt to our 2940.

07 sunseeker 2940ds.
2012 Ford Fusion hybrid

We have a Sunseeker 2500Ts and our cockpit seats swivel.

PenJoe 12-10-2015 01:44 PM

Cab features

1. If you have a Ford chassis, the rear portion of the console pulls up and off for more room.
2.We have 180 degree rotating front seats that work out quasi well. Not Class A, comfortable, but comfortable.
3. We have also put on high quality front seat covers that really make a difference both in appearance and comfort. We had them make map pockets on the backs of each seat. A company in Utah make custom fit seat covers, arm rest covers, and seat belt shoulder pads. The covers have extra padding, fit perfectly and cost about $235 for the complete set.
4. We replaced the dome/map light with an LED. Nothing to make room, but it does make a nice touch.
5. We have purchased an outside cover for the windshield and side windows. Interior curtains take up a lot of space.

Marksha83 12-10-2015 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our Leprechaun came with the swivel seats which give two more options for seating when camping. We really like this option and the center console table folds down and can be stored or you can leave it there while driving.

rlchall 12-11-2015 03:03 AM

I use front seats for storage and between the seats for a free standing towel rack. The large garbage bag also ties on the end of it. Great thread....