Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Palomino (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   Where are the Palomino TT's? (http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f96/where-are-the-palomino-tts-98584.html)

Retusps 12-30-2015 08:45 PM

Where are the Palomino TT's?

We just purchased in November a new on the lot 2014 Solaire Eclipse 297 RLDS from Terrytown RV (great to deal with) and drove 650 miles to pick it up. The only thing I can find is a broken tab on the outside stove vent (after a thorough PDI and the drive home, any suggestions). It is winterized so we have only "driveway camped " I have been looking for months on this forum for anything about this model without much luck. Is it a good or bad thing that not much is posted about these? We can't get enough of reading this forum and can't wait for Spring to go camping!

snskovacs 12-30-2015 10:20 PM

We have a 2014 307 qb purchased in 2013 and we've had only minor issues with it so far. They were all simple fixes like trim coming off and small cosmetic things that we could have done on our own. The worst issue was our barbecue had been used (ewww) but otherwise we are very pleased with our trailer. Over 2 summers, we've travelled 12000kms with it and each year we are more comfortable than before! I hope you have similar good luck, and that your camping season is closer than ours 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

greyhumpy 01-03-2016 01:23 PM

People don't talk much because there is nothing to complain about that a typical man couldn't fix. I love my Puma, and have done a lot yo enhance it, rather than complain. Happy Camper

allisonanddave 01-04-2016 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We bought a new 2014 Solaire eclipse model 317 bunk house model in February 2015. It's fantastic. We pull it with our Nissan Titan and a Propride hitch. It's really nice. We have had a few things that need to be worked on but nothing big. Trim stuff inside mainly. We are in California and we don't see many of any of these in campgrounds or sales offices. But we love it. Attachment 97244

Retusps 01-10-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allisonanddave (Post 1070927)
We bought a new 2014 Solaire eclipse model 317 bunk house model in February 2015. It's fantastic. We pull it with our Nissan Titan and a Propride hitch. It's really nice. We have had a few things that need to be worked on but nothing big. Trim stuff inside mainly. We are in California and we don't see many of any of these in campgrounds or sales offices. But we love it. Attachment 97244

We don't see many in the mid-west either. I guess it is our little secret! We really love ours too:trink39:

bikendan 01-10-2016 06:25 PM

Palomino was a smaller RV company acquired by FR in 2002.
I don't think FR has done much to expand the number of Palomino dealers.
When we were shopping for a HTT, back in 2006, there was only one Palomino dealer in all of California.

PSU Turf 01-13-2016 10:31 PM

We have a 2015 Solaire 201SS. There have been a few problems:
-leaking window frame
-awning motor burned out
-gasket on basement door leaked and water ran into the trailer

While winterizing a few months ago I discovered 3 bumps on the roof that appear to be nails or screws pushing into the TPO roof but they haven't penetrated it yet. The dealer covered them with self leveling sealant and sent some pictures to Forest River but we haven't heard anything back.

Overall we are very happy with the trailer.

David 01 01-14-2016 01:43 PM

I have a 2014 30RKSS. Loving my Puma and for what I got, I saved a lot of money by purchasing what some call a "starter trailer". Everybody that see's it loves it. DW loves the counter top space! I love that DW is Happy! So far so good.
C'mon April 15th! Camping season opens here up North!

cincia 01-15-2016 03:05 PM

My sister and I bought our Solaire 251RBSS in August of last year. We haven't been out in it much but we love it. Only very minor problems with it so far (fingers crossed) and can hardly wait for the spring to take it back out again. I have been reading these forums and making a list of modifications to make once its out of storage - I can hardly wait. Cincia

burntcore 01-17-2016 09:47 PM

We bought a Solaire 147x in July of last year. We went out several times and only had a few rough trips (leaking water through the AC unit and shoddy converter box... both fixed under warranty). I haven't seen many other Palomino models out and about either. And, we just went to the local RV show a week or so ago and the dealer we bought our Palomino last year isn't even carrying Palominos this year at all! Apparently there was some issue about coming up with an agreeable price? Of the other hybrid TTs we have seen, I am happy we bought ours when we did.

RockyMisti 02-23-2016 01:10 AM

Just bought a 2015 SolAire 220X. Waiting for spring. Live in Minnesota so weather can be bad. Any tips, suggestions from anyone? Also due to the snow and ice here, we want to get a cover for it. Asked at Palomino and didn't get any help on which one fits best. They gave me a website of a company they dealt with for 15 years. Said they will help. Right. All I got from them was a recommendation for one cover. They said it is a good one "If it will fit!" Hmmmm Don't care for "Ifs!" lol Any help will be appreciated! Thanks RM

PSU Turf 02-23-2016 01:46 AM

RockyMisti: I got an Elements cover from Camping World for my Solaire. It fits great. There are numerous straps that snug the cover on all sides. Be sure to put padding on any pointy or sharp edge. (tv antenna, rain gutter, etc) When I first put it on I forgot to pad the corner of the rain gutter over the slide. It caused a 2" tear as I was putting the cover on. I thought that would be the beginning of the end for the cover. I put a piece of Gorilla duct tape on both sides of the tear and the hole has not gotten any bigger. Based on my first winter of using this cover I highly recommend the Elements cover.

This forum is a great source of information, in general, about travel trailers even if there are rarely Palomino issues discussed.

RockyMisti 02-23-2016 02:28 AM

Thanks PSU Turf, I'll give them a try. And thanks for the advice on the padded edges. How about about the AC?

PSU Turf 02-23-2016 09:19 AM

The edges on my AC are smooth and rounded. The antenna was the only thing on the roof that I had to pad. I wrapped the the gutter extension at each upper corner of the trailer. I think there is also a door stopper for the entry door that stuck out. I used thick landscape fabric for padding.

Retusps 02-23-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMisti (Post 1109515)
Thanks PSU Turf, I'll give them a try. And thanks for the advice on the padded edges. How about about the AC?

RockyMISTY, Not sure about yours, but our Solaire Eclipse 297 has the textured front cap and told it would tear up a cover. I decided I didn't want to do a $300 experiment! Figured it could wait 'till I do some more research. Does anyone have an answer?

purduepete97 03-01-2016 02:32 AM

Our Solaire isn't the Eclipse package, but from reading and researching, you are correct re that bed liner-like material tearing up covers. Lots of reports of total destruction of very high quality covers in well under one season of use. Proceed with caution if you have the Eclipse package.
Brian

Coolharts 03-18-2016 02:51 PM

We too bought a "starter" Puma and are having a blast with it. We can't wait to head out for a week after Easter and to Ft Wilderness in May, 6 days will be the longest the 4 of us +2 furry critters have stayed in the camper.

We have had few quality issues, mainly the drawer slides. I fix stuff myself so it only went to the dealer once for minor stuff and to have a ladder installed.

danielabram71 04-16-2016 03:46 PM

We live In WV and bought our solaire 267bhsk in Princeton. I guess our biggest issue is that we love the outside kitchen. But when the 2015 came out the didn't put it one this one anymore and we didn't find this out till it was delivered to the dealership. It was about 8 weeks late. But that's about the only complaint we have. We had to get a new AC last summer. We have only seen 2 other solaire in about 2 years of camping. One at natural bridge VA. And one at pipestem State park last fall. WE LOVE OURS. We see a lot of heads turn when pull in any where.

howellma 04-16-2016 04:46 PM

We have an 2012 267 bhsk, only minor issues, the outside kitchen didn't have a stove and I hardly ever used it. I pulled the cabinet out and mounted my icemaker in there and the rest is storage

JudiL 05-05-2016 08:00 PM

Puma 23FB

We just recently purchased a 2016 Puma 23FB. We love it. I thought that this unit was an upgrade compared to the many other units in the same size and weight. We looked and compared for over a year. I guess it would be considered a starter unit because we were not willing to go over $20K for a camper. Perhaps that limited us. We love what we got though. It is exactly what we wanted. Only complaint is the mattress. After only 6 nights, it has low spots where our bodies lay. That will be replaced quickly.

Oaklevel 05-05-2016 08:27 PM

:eek: Sorry there are no such things as a starter unit............... Puma's are not starter units we have had two and are much better quality than some of the expensive units.

Price and what you choose does not equal starter. I guess by that logic those people that drive Chevys are driving starter cars ?????? :eek: Maybe they can work up to a Buick???????

:signhavefun:

campingguy 05-08-2016 01:41 PM

We have a 2013 307QBDSK that we purchased new in 2013. Overall we're pleased with the unit and have had our share of finish issues like the kitchen drawer falling apart and the kitchen sink drain pipe leaking; easy to fix type of stuff.

What wasn't easy to fix was the kitchen slide. The dealer had to rebuild the entire mechanism and replace the seals. The slide motors were out of sync and in spite of following Schwintek's instructions on how to get them back in sync, it didn't work. Fortunately, the entire $1000+ repair was under warranty (we bought the second year warranty direct from Forest River and it paid for itself.) The Technician told us to NEVER operate the slide unless the battery is fully charged or we're connected to shore power. The slide motors are likely to go out of sync if they don't have full voltage.

We also had the lights on the awning to out; a wire had frayed.

Hopefully this is the end of our "big" issues and we can look forward to many years of enjoyment. We're getting ready to start our third full season of camping and it's great for our family of five.

Oaklevel 05-08-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by campingguy (Post 1188835)
We have a 2013 307QBDSK that we purchased new in 2013. Overall we're pleased with the unit and have had our share of finish issues like the kitchen drawer falling apart and the kitchen sink drain pipe leaking; easy to fix type of stuff.

What wasn't easy to fix was the kitchen slide. The dealer had to rebuild the entire mechanism and replace the seals. The slide motors were out of sync and in spite of following Schwintek's instructions on how to get them back in sync, it didn't work. Fortunately, the entire $1000+ repair was under warranty (we bought the second year warranty direct from Forest River and it paid for itself.) The Technician told us to NEVER operate the slide unless the battery is fully charged or we're connected to shore power. The slide motors are likely to go out of sync if they don't have full voltage.

We also had the lights on the awning to out; a wire had frayed.

Hopefully this is the end of our "big" issues and we can look forward to many years of enjoyment. We're getting ready to start our third full season of camping and it's great for our family of five.

:confused: Just curious what is a 2013 307QBDSK ?????

campingguy 05-08-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oaklevel (Post 1188947)
:confused: Just curious what is a 2013 307QBDSK ?????

2013 SolAire 307QBDSK Travel Trailer by Palomino Stock# 015416 Inventory - The Original RVWholesalers

M & A Camping 05-08-2016 08:38 PM

Just got a 263RBDSK been out once so far. Going again next weekend http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3d8a536113.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hersbird 06-20-2016 10:23 PM

Just bought a 2017 Solaire 190x. Fell in love with the floorplan and the construction. It's basically the same as the Forest River made Rockwood Roo 21ss (I think) but ironically we had a Palomino dealer in our town but the nearest Rockwood dealer was an hour one direction and 3 the other. My 10 year old has spent about 1/2 the nights camping in the driveway so far but we have yet to get it out in the wild. Filling it with new crap. Figured it's hard to put all the old gear in a new camper. Here is is sitting on the dealer's lot
http://ecomodder.com/forum/member-he...1124-28485.jpg

Hugeez 06-21-2016 06:29 PM

We've only had ours for a year. No issues yet (kow). Bought ours from a dealer in Springfield IL. Very nice people. No pushing. Let you look around and were there for questions. Loving my Puma so far.

jchiar 07-24-2016 08:58 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...456e6b00dc.jpg

jchiar 07-24-2016 08:59 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...1e6456cf31.jpg

chrisjack 08-03-2016 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 116193
Hauled our 22RBC Canyon Cat 2600 miles in June. Camped 21 days. Family had a great time with only a couple of small issues. Very happy with our unit.

scbrown063 08-08-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retusps (Post 1067891)
We just purchased in November a new on the lot 2014 Solaire Eclipse 297 RLDS from Terrytown RV (great to deal with) and drove 650 miles to pick it up. The only thing I can find is a broken tab on the outside stove vent (after a thorough PDI and the drive home, any suggestions). It is winterized so we have only "driveway camped " I have been looking for months on this forum for anything about this model without much luck. Is it a good or bad thing that not much is posted about these? We can't get enough of reading this forum and can't wait for Spring to go camping!

I'm in full swing if year number 2 with my Solaire EP 247rkes. Already been out 7 times this year and have 2 more trips already planned. We LOVE it!!! And my Titan has no problem pulling it. Happy Camping!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...16923eb14b.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...13d5365a49.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...58e0df86a9.jpg

Steve

scbrown063 08-08-2016 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allisonanddave (Post 1070927)

Wow! A fellow Titan and Solaire family! You guys must be some really great people! [emoji1] Hope to meet you some day at the campsite!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b5e2f59286.jpg

Steve

Davo7 02-13-2017 01:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I thought i would jump start this thread! Just got our 2017 Solaire 316RLTS, and can't wait to take her for her maiden voyage this weekend!!

howellma 02-13-2017 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gulf shores state park with our Solaire. Once a month we go somewhereAttachment 129839

wicked1 02-16-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davo7 (Post 1420557)
I thought i would jump start this thread! Just got our 2017 Solaire 316RLTS, and can't wait to take her for her maiden voyage this weekend!!

I was looking at one of these rough idea what these go for one dealer only would give me MSRP.

jchiar 02-16-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davo7 (Post 1420557)

LOVE the lights!

jchiar 02-16-2017 10:56 AM

Anyone else have a Stampede model

Anyone else have this model? Its so unique but Im real surprised I don't see more of them!

Davo7 02-16-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicked1 (Post 1422951)
I was looking at one of these rough idea what these go for one dealer only would give me MSRP.

We got the GT3 package, and some other options, but I would say a good range would be $30k-33k.

Davo7 02-16-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchiar (Post 1422961)
LOVE the lights!

Thanks, they are pretty cool. Lots of great features on these units.

Hugeez 02-19-2017 01:50 PM

We love our 2015 Puma 29RBKS. The DW had decided from its inception that she would not be cooking inside. I have no problem as I would also like to keep the interior as new as possible. So this weekend we went back to where we bought ours and decided to upgrade to a unit with an outside kitchen. Bit the bullet on a 2017 Puma 30FBSS. The 3 units they had on the lot were sold so we're getting one ordered in from the factory. Didn't get as much as we were hoping on trade in but it is all relative as what we paid for our 2015 and the new 2017 were much lower than other dealers within 3 hours of Union MO. Looking forward to our new baby.