View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 04:52 PM  
rvlock
Commercial Member

[QUOTE=Kaadk;938910]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlock View Post

I'm not near my trailer today, but a little googling suggests my lock is approximately 3.56" x 5.44" according to FIC's website:

Products

The 44610 Lock on that site is closest in appearance to my original one, and those dimensions compared to yours would coincide with the 1" or so gap I had in my door last year when LCI tried to install it.

Exact make and model of my trailer is on my profile if you need to reference it.

Thanks again for looking at this and I hope this promotes a possible new product that fits. Heck, build a prototype, ship it to me and I'll test-fit it for ya (returns not guaranteed.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Thanks so much for joining the Forum!

(Or perhaps a representative from your company attending?)

Wish List:
I wish someone would come out with a keyless lock system for the "basements" and outdoor kitchens in our RVs

I, too, bought the keyless lock from Lippert last year and, like Kaadk, had to return it because it did not fit our door. Our rig particulars are in my sig below.
We have found that particular handle size is only used less than 10% of the time and we are not planning to design one for that opening size. However, I am happy to let you know we are designing a retrofit plate that will go between the handle and the door to fill the extra space and allow you to use the V4.0 handle. We are a couple of weeks away from releasing this design. I will come back here and notify you when the plate is available. I hope you will give our handle another try with this addition.