Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #1

Sandpiper VS Cedar Creek Silverback

We are considering the Sandpiper 371REBH and the Cedar Creek Silverback 37 MBH and our question is this; which model is more durable and better constructed with the least problems. We currently own a 2008 3055RL Bighorn and for the most part it has been a decent fifth wheel. It took a couple of years to fix all of the leaks, wiring, etc. We have viewed the construction videos and while each is built a little different it is difficult to compare which method is more durable. There appears to be more information on the Sandpiper on this forum than there is on the the 37MBH on the Cedar Creek forum. Any thoughts would be welcome. Those of you that have the Sandpiper 371REBH are you happy? Would you purchase it again? I cannot find anyone with Cedar Creek Silverback 37MBH. If you are out there same question, would you purchase it again. If not why not. Thank you in advance.
boomer116ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #2

I am a little bias as we have a Cedar Creek but I think it would be the better choice, good luck and keep us posted.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I had a Sierra (same as sandpiper) and had nothing but great times in it. Never a problem. If I was ever to buy another trailer, it would be a Sierra/sandpiper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:05 AM   #4

Download the available online brochures and look at the construction of the two units you’re looking at. Then go to the dealership and take a hard look at the brands you are considering. Base your decision on what you think is the best. I'm biased in favor of CC since I own a CC Silverback.

One important thing to consider is how professional the dealership’s service department is and how the dealer treats customers after the sale.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #5

Ditto what Oakman said.
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:13 PM   #6

Cedar Creek Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer116ars View Post
We are considering the Sandpiper 371REBH and the Cedar Creek Silverback 37 MBH and our question is this; which model is more durable and better constructed with the least problems. We currently own a 2008 3055RL Bighorn and for the most part it has been a decent fifth wheel. It took a couple of years to fix all of the leaks, wiring, etc. We have viewed the construction videos and while each is built a little different it is difficult to compare which method is more durable. There appears to be more information on the Sandpiper on this forum than there is on the the 37MBH on the Cedar Creek forum. Any thoughts would be welcome. Those of you that have the Sandpiper 371REBH are you happy? Would you purchase it again? I cannot find anyone with Cedar Creek Silverback 37MBH. If you are out there same question, would you purchase it again. If not why not. Thank you in advance.
We have a 2011 CC Silverback and would not recommend buying one. They are poorly constructed and we've had nothing but problems. The shower floor gave way because of poor quality construction. All water fixtures have had to be replaced. The converter was wired backwards causing the TV, Microwave and power cord to burn up. Bottom line buy the Sandpiper we have seen a lot of them and we will be buying in 2016 this fall.
CapitolPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #7

2015/16 Silverback

Be careful with some of the reviews. There was a period of time during the RV "recession" that ALL of the RV's were crap. It didn't seem to matter who the manufacturer was, how much it cost, etc. RV manufacturers made a lot of shortcuts and compromised the quality of the unit just to stay in business. A lot of them didn't. I can't recall what time period this was . . . I just wanted to alert you to this fact. I have a 2016 Silverback 33IK that we've had for a year. Except for a few minor items, we are very satisfied with it. Our big issue is the amount of time it takes to get warranty work done - but everyone seems to be suffering from this.
NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #8

We have a 2016 Sandpiper 377 FLIK and love it. It had a small delam place on side and FR took care of it under warranty We noticed at the beach after having it about 2 weeks.
rvpartime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #9

We have a 2014 "CC" and YES I would buy another "CC">>>>>>LOVE IT!!!! J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:40 PM   #10

Have a 2015 Silverback 31RK. Love it.
ba964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #11

We have CC and would definitely buy another

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:14 AM   #12

We researched the sandpiper when we were upgrading and "in my opinion" the construction of the exterior walls were much better quality and methods of manufacturing. That's why we went with the CC.
Crew/6.5 Bed
Pullrite Superglide
Duramax/Allison
Busybeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #13

I too have a Cedar Creek Hathaway edition; as Forest River is now calling them. A 34RL bought new in May 2015. I think most of the Forest River products are fairly will built and designed for the price point they are at. Now some units maybe problematic to their owners, but all in all they are good trailers.

What may set some units apart from others is the dealer support and the interaction of the dealer with the customer and Forest River manufacturing. So I would do your homework on the dealer and make sure the dealer will support the trailer after the sale is completed.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:06 AM   #14

The hydraulic system and the gel coat exterior walls was a big consideration why I purchased the CC, and of course floor plan. The lat rv I had had fiberglass side like sandpiper and in 5 years it was chalking bad. Never again..
Gitiup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, sandpiper