Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #1

Sandpiper 371REBH Cedar Creek Silverback

We are considering the Sandpiper 371REBH and the Cedar Creek Silverback 37 MBH and our question is this; which model is more durable and better constructed with the least problems. We currently own a 2008 3055RL Bighorn and for the most part it has been a decent fifth wheel. It took a couple of years to fix all of the leaks, wiring, etc. We have viewed the construction videos and while each is built a little different it is difficult to compare which method is more durable. There appears to be more information on the Sandpiper on this forum than there is on the the 37MBH on the Cedar Creek forum. Any thoughts would be welcome. Those of you that have the Sandpiper 371REBH are you happy? Would you purchase it again? I cannot find anyone with Cedar Creek Silverback 37MBH. If you are out there same question, would you purchase it again. If not why not. Thank you in advance.
boomer116ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:36 AM   #2

We've had the 371REBH for about a year now and love it. We've had our list of warranty repairs and they have been taken care of with no questions, but you're going to have warranty issues no matter what you buy. The new Sandpiper 371LOK is actually a little more similar to the Cedar Creek you're looking at. I would highly recommend the residential refrigerator. One thing that I like about the 371LOK and the Cedar Creek is it looks as though you may be able to access the fridge without letting all of the slides out. Also, be sure with whatever you buy to get one that allows controls of the slides individually. The hydraulic valve system on ours works fine, but I've seen on this forum others that did not have that feature and they didn't find out until after they purchased. I know that didn't answer anything about the construction, just a few pros/cons about features. I do like the vaulted slide in the Cedar Creek, should help with water/debris shed! Also, be sure to check the "forms" section on this forum to complete the $250 2-year warranty that the dealer won't tell you about!
DKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #3

We have a rebh 371 and have been in it about 10months. No major issues but quite a few minor ones. I've done all the repairs myself as we are full timers and taking it in for every little thing isn't feasible. But overall we are very happy with it.
Mikele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, sandpiper