Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #41

Putting a pizza on the grill is nothing new. But this is about the simplest and most awesomest recipe for grill pizza I've ever had. First time was last week and now I'm addicted.

FYI, I had it on a gas grill while camping.......set at about 250. But I got home and tried it on the pellet smoker at 380 and both are awesome.

First, go get a pizza stone that fits your grill. Get it hot, per above.

The way we did it was in a group........everyone sort of brought their own ingredients, because each pizza is a personal size. The pizza sauce and cheese was set out to share, and then there was a plate of about everything..........cooked sausage (crumbled), cooked burger (crumbled), ham slices cut up, Canadian bacon cut up, and a plate of about every veggie you can imagine.

Folks would line up, get a (drumroll please, this is what makes it easy) ROUND TORTILLA. Then go down the line and put pizza sauce first, then cheese, then whatever else you wanted. Hand it to the cook, he slaps it on the pizza stone, and about 5 minutes later (depends on how crisp you want it), he slides it off onto your plate. Next in line takes a turn.

When I got home, I bought a pizza stone that fit my grill and my smoker. I made my favorite (fried and crumbled JD sausage, and out-of-the-can mushroom pieces) and wife (of course totally different) likes cut up Canadian bacon and diced red peppers.

If you don't try it, you'll wish you had. You can thank me later.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #42
Canoeing and camping fun

Instant pot

Just bought an instant pot yesterday. Going to try it out tonight and a few more times before go camping in June. First meal is chicken cacciatore then going to try pulled pork. Next chore is figuring out where to store it in our mini lite (2503s). Have always done all meals in a cast iron skillet or pot (the only two cooking pans we take), or on the small camp grill.
Jean D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:13 AM   #43

Love the pizza idea! Going to try it for sure next camping trip.
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote