Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #21
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I just did the clean up. The grill cleans up really well and easily. It's dried, packed back in the duffle bag and "staged" for load out Thursday evening.

The steaks we grilled tonight were sacrificial in nature The first meat cooked on a new grill isn't going to be all that good. I told wmtire that the first four had a bit of a chemical taste, which I'm sure is from the new grill surface, as it turned blue then purple as it heated up.

The remaining four were quite good, and we didn't use any seasoning or marinade, just thawed 'em and slapped 'em on the grill.

As DH said (Fritz) the grill marks are impressive and as the steaks rested there was LOTS of juice!

We like our steaks *rare* so yep, it was slap it on...turn it once, and take it off, especially with such thin steaks.

Can't wait to try it on a couple of over-night marinated 1.5" Angus rib eyes.
Weezer I am loving the reviews here! We take our portable Weber in the RV, as well as charcoals. If weather isn't cooperating, you can't grill. I love the idea and convience of this grill though! Thank you for the scoop!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #22
NELA

Well folks, we took this grill on our 10 day trip up to the Smokies and used it several times. Still lovin' it!

DH grilled some thin pork chops one night (I keep those in stock here at home, quick thaw from the freezer and quick to flour and fry up). Again, even with the thin meat this grill worked great and as DH noted..."pro grade" grill marks if that's important to ya. We also dragged out the big boy steaks, marinated for 24 hours in my (and his) special blended marinade, even managed to steam some asparagus by placing it in a pan with butter and water with a light cover, and we're still *very* happy with it.

If any of you buy this grill, spend the extra bucks and get that carry bag. It truly is like having a grill in a duffle bag.

As an aside, while loading out for this trip, I noticed something in a black bag in his shop and asked what that was. Ummm it's the grill that came with our V-lite...still in it's original cover, pristine and never used. Perhaps some day it'll be highly collectible! LOL

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote